• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lyndy's: Can South Florida overcome schedule, crash 2018 CFP?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

No way we make the playoff. 

Hoping we finish regular season higher than 15. 

Then if we win our bowl game potentially finishing the entire season in the Top 10 would be great. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

7 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

No way we make the playoff. 

Hoping we finish regular season higher than 15. 

Then if we win our bowl game potentially finishing the entire season in the Top 10 would be great. 

No way we don't finish in the Top 10 if we win our bowl game undefeated. At worst that would mean we just beat another Top 10 team in a NYD Bowl Game even if we get no credit for the rest of our schedule. 

I know the CFP playoff is a long shot, but not being in the Top 10 would be equally as unlikely.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

21 hours ago, SANJAY said:

With this schedule? If we went undefeated with a margin of victory of 30 ppg and everyone in the "P5" had 2 losses then I put our odds at 5%. So no chance.

Truth, so now's the time to play those odds and get rich off the Bulls, fellas! :9_innocent:

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's a real long shot, but we'd have to have these things happen for us:

Have the AAC teams on our schedule beat the P5 teams on their schedules.

Have at one team from the east only have one loss (to us)

Play an undefeated team in the AACCG

And lots of other things happen to the P5s

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

Pie in the sky absolute best case scenario that I can see:  

Temple upsets ND week 1 and cruises to 3-0 before our game (although this likely will still have them unranked as ND is unranked to start the season)

Houston rolls early going 9-0 until our game (tough games being Arizona, Texas Tech and Memphis) coming in ranked #10-15 (they get big jump with head to head showdown with Memphis when both teams are 7-0).  

Memphis rolls the rest of the time going 11-1 (only tough OOC is UCLA and they avoid USF, Temple and Cincy) and win the west when Navy beats Houston in the last week.  They come to the conference championship game ranked #18-22

This would give us 2 late season wins over ranked teams, but even with that absolutely best case scenario (where even a single extra loss by Houston or Memphis destroys it), still likely wouldn't be enough to jump into the top 4.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

1 hour ago, Bullshiznitz said:

Pie in the sky absolute best case scenario that I can see:  

Temple upsets ND week 1 and cruises to 3-0 before our game (although this likely will still have them unranked as ND is unranked to start the season)

Houston rolls early going 9-0 until our game (tough games being Arizona, Texas Tech and Memphis) coming in ranked #10-15 (they get big jump with head to head showdown with Memphis when both teams are 7-0).  

Memphis rolls the rest of the time going 11-1 (only tough OOC is UCLA and they avoid USF, Temple and Cincy) and win the west when Navy beats Houston in the last week.  They come to the conference championship game ranked #18-22

This would give us 2 late season wins over ranked teams, but even with that absolutely best case scenario (where even a single extra loss by Houston or Memphis destroys it), still likely wouldn't be enough to jump into the top 4.  

A one-loss UCF (to Memphis) wouldn't hurt. They have Georgia Tech and Maryland on their schedule. They could possibly be ranked as well 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

A one-loss UCF (to Memphis) wouldn't hurt. They have Georgia Tech and Maryland on their schedule. They could possibly be ranked as well 

I would suspect they will have four losses by the time we see them

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

If we don't have a win against a ranked team there is hardly a chance the committee would select us.  Probably need at least two wins over ranked teams and be undefeated. Some SEC teams are going to have wins over 4 and 5 ranked opponents. USF having zero is ranked wins will not be in a playoff. 

We have to first just win win each game. It doesn't matter if we aren't undefeated. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Just enjoy the season