• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Aug. 26: Points Scored v. Punches Landed

Points v. Punches  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

They should have written it into the contract that McGregor doesn't get paid in the case of a DQ. I can see him getting frustrated and humiliated, and trying to foul out of the fight.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-sn-ufc-boxing-conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-rules-20170615-story.html

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Of course you are assuming McGregor can actually box...which he can't. It won't take that long. 

Agreed. Based on what I saw in his fight with Diaz, I don't see him beating an average amateur boxer, much-less Floyd Mayweather . 'Course, I'll take him all day vs. Mayweather in an MMA fight, but there is absolutely zero chance he wins a boxing match, barring Mayweather twisting an ankle or something. This is the Mother of all shams. McGregor will make an obscene amount of money from a bout he has no business being in, so he's won already in that regard. 

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Looks like this article is implying that he would be DQ'd, and maybe hit with a lawsuit, but it doesn't mention his purse being withheld. The DQ is something to look for though. This will certainly be an extremely frustrating night for him. The temptation to even things up with a head kick or body slam might be too much for him to resist. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2017/06/14/conor-mcgregor-contractually-forbidden-kicking-floyd-mayweather/102870354/

Contractually prohibited. So take from that what you will. I'd be willing to bet he loses a large chunk of his purse if he deliberately breaks his contract.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Mayweather's longevity in boxing is due to his ability to avoid a punch; I'm going with USF in this one. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2017/06/14/conor-mcgregor-contractually-forbidden-kicking-floyd-mayweather/102870354/

Contractually prohibited. So take from that what you will. I'd be willing to bet he loses a large chunk of his purse if he deliberately breaks his contract.

Hopefully that's the case. It will make Conor think twice about doing something stupid, and turning it into an even bigger side show than it already is. 

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Long road trip, san jose returns 17 starters, high expectations....may not be the cakewalk many think it will be.....but bulls win

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Long road trip, san jose returns 17 starters, high expectations....may not be the cakewalk many think it will be.....but bulls win

Could be correct on that one. At the same time, 17 starters from a terrible season could be an indication that those players stink. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

First game under new coaching staffs for both teams. I could see a situation where the score is closer than we want at halftime, say 21-13; but ends something like 49-20.