• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ole Miss Replacement HC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Strong to Ole Miss makeshift no sense. I'm not sure any coaches want to jump ship at this point with the season looming, and that school looking like a dumpster fire.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

That SEC money though. :ph34r:

Yea, but the athletics department looks like http://gph.is/217xISR

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If Indiana has a good year maybe they reach out to Tom Allen....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Strong is getting paid a lot of money to sit here at USF. I can't recall at the top of my head, but I want to say he's got a pretty large severance to pay if he leaves us in the first couple of years. Its entirely disadvantageous to leave us, simply from a financial stand point. But we can look elsewhere.

This is Ole Miss we're talking about. The one with the surprising overall #1 recruiting class a few years ago, among other very questionable recruiting results and practices. If there's any team that's due for a kick in the pants, its Ole Miss.  

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Would be devastating if he left, but it will not happen this season.  

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

53 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

CCS' wife is from this area and they have family here. If USF is a winner for him, he'll stay. You are right though, fan support has to grow and grow fast. That will lead to booster support and all the things that go along with it.

Growing fan support for USF is like beating your head against a brick wall. Everyone remembers the power conference Big East days. I try and invite people to come to games weekly, for FREE, it's darn near impossible. I remember telling people to buy season tickets last year to help boost our chances at getting into the big 12. And that was WITH FSU, Navy, and UCF on the home schedule. 

I suspect that even with an amazing year this year, people will make their excuses. I know two or three people who will go, but not sure how to cover the rest. Got to keep working on the alumni population, but a lot of people aren't listening in my age group. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Growing fan support for USF is like beating your head against a brick wall. Everyone remembers the power conference Big East days. I try and invite people to come to games weekly, for FREE, it's darn near impossible. I remember telling people to buy season tickets last year to help boost our chances at getting into the big 12. And that was WITH FSU, Navy, and UCF on the home schedule. 

I suspect that even with an amazing year this year, people will make their excuses. I know two or three people who will go, but not sure how to cover the rest. Got to keep working on the alumni population, but a lot of people aren't listening in my age group. 

Ok, how about we make it a video game atmosphere for the younger crowd. We can install a 5 button panel on the back of each chair and have the in stadium crowd try to guess each play before it's called. They can chose from any 5 options. The 10 fans in attendance whom guess the most plays right, get free food and drink the next home game. How's that?

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194

Brett Venebles or Lane Kiffin (because he just fits the sliminess of this situation so well) - considering the hassles Charlie had to deal with at Texas with the boosters, I'm not sure if he's too keen on going into an environment where there is a lot of pressure because of a delusional fan and booster base as well as the uncertainty with NCAA sanctions (I don't think the self imposed bans will be enough, especially with the Freeze misconduct and the lawsuit from Nutt). Not to mention that the SEC west is great at kicking the **** out each other every year - it's an uphill battle if you're not Bama.

Also, I heard that Charlie had to deal with some racism with boosters at UT...you think he wants to deal with an even more backwards situation at Ole Miss?? And with far fewer resources than UT? 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863

24 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Brett Venebles or Lane Kiffin (because he just fits the sliminess of this situation so well) - considering the hassles Charlie had to deal with at Texas with the boosters, I'm not sure if he's too keen on going into an environment where there is a lot of pressure because of a delusional fan and booster base as well as the uncertainty with NCAA sanctions (I don't think the self imposed bans will be enough, especially with the Freeze misconduct and the lawsuit from Nutt). Not to mention that the SEC west is great at kicking the **** out each other every year - it's an uphill battle if you're not Bama.

Also, I heard that Charlie had to deal with some racism with boosters at UT...you think he wants to deal with an even more backwards situation at Ole Miss?? And with far fewer resources than UT? 

I got to thinking about it, Ole Miss is a situation for a young up-and-comer who's looking to prove themselves devoid of whatever controversy exists. I don't think any coach with a pedigree would jump onto this ship. there's plenty of opportunities by the end of the season. 

One team between TAMU, ND, and Tennessee is going to be looking for a coach by the end of the year. You could argue all of those situations are a lot more preferable. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

A great fit would be Scott Frost.  The guy has huge upside and has done a great job at UCF in a very short period of time.

Go Bulls!