• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is our 2017 schedule really as bad as it seems?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

29 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

So if the AAC goes undefeated out of conference, 4 or 5 AAC teams have 9 or 10 win seasons, the conference sucks and our schedule as well.

No, the reason we suck is that we have a bad TV contract, and the reason we have a bad TV contract is because we suck. Got it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, charsibb said:

No, the reason we suck is that we have a bad TV contract, and the reason we have a bad TV contract is because we suck. Got it?

IMG_0972.JPG

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,472
  • Days Won:  25

55 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Nope.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,707
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

So if the AAC goes undefeated out of conference, 4 or 5 AAC teams have 9 or 10 win seasons,

I like our chances for a NY6 bowl if that scenario comes to fruition with us undefeated ...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

The CFP poll doesn't come out until Week 9. There are a few other G5 teams with a stronger ooc schedules that, if undefeated, could conceivably be ahead of us even we're undefeated ... with Boise and SDSU probably at the top of that list. They do play each other Week 6 or 7 so it would be only 1 that could be ahead. WMU has the hot name and ooc schedule to do it but with a new hc and starting qb, doubtful they can pull off upsets of USC and MSU.

That's very true. I actually am tempted to look back at the last three years and see how drastically different the first CFP poll was in comparison to what the AP/Coaches were saying and then compare that data with the final CFP poll//AP//Coaches. I always recall them shuffling a few spots here and there, but for the most part there wasn't any drastic difference (maybe at the top.) Again that's my recollection so it'll be interesting to research that. It is curious to ponder how the committee would vote two undefeated G5's. Or a one loss Boise St. vs an undefeated USF. 

Boise St's OOC slate: @ Washington St. , Virginia, @ BYU .  

SDSU's OOC slate: @ Arizona St. , Stanford, NIU

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I see nothing wrong with laying the wood on a ranked UCF team, at their place, to go 12-0 and wrap up a perfect regular season. I'd even go as far as to say "Charge On" to conjure this scenario into existence. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

16 hours ago, Triple B said:

It's already been established that there will possibly be times when a Kanigit win is to USF's advantage. This year is one of those times. Our sos needs to be as strong as possible to help get a NY6 bowl, if we do our part. I'm not saying wear a ******* UCF beanie and do that gay, not that there's anything wrong with that, cheer where they squeal "wooooo!" at the end ... sheeeeeeh. How about just recognize that there is a silver lining if they do win .... as long as we keep winning.

I'm going to roll the dice and say that based on where it looks like USF will be ranked to start the season, it will be enough to earn a NY6 if we run the table ... which we would have to do even if we had a harder schedule.  

Plus, it doesn't need to be UCF that has a strong year ... why can't we root for UConn?  Or Cincy?  Don't see UCF would get focused on as needing to have a solid year to help us.  UConn or Cincy having a great year yet still losing to us will do the trick just as well.  

So, with that in mind, I still say eff the Kanigits no matter what.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,707
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm going to roll the dice and say that based on where it looks like USF will be ranked to start the season, it will be enough to earn a NY6 if we run the table ... which we would have to do even if we had a harder schedule.  

Plus, it doesn't need to be UCF that has a strong year ... why can't we root for UConn?  Or Cincy?  Don't see UCF would get focused on as needing to have a solid year to help us.  UConn or Cincy having a great year yet still losing to us will do the trick just as well.  

So, with that in mind, I still say eff the Kanigits no matter what.  

If either BSU or SDSU is undefeated, odds are we're going to need as strong an sos from the conference as possible to offset the weak ooc sos ... unless Lovie pulls a miracle ... so break out your black leotard, black cape and gold lucha libre mask.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,477
  • Days Won:  43

13-0 should get USF in talks with the playoffs if not then the system is wrong. One loss gets USF Peach Bowl. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

25 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

13-0 should get USF in talks with the playoffs if not then the system is wrong. One loss gets USF Peach Bowl. 

You got it backwards

13-0 gets us in talks for the Peach

Two losses by everybody else gets us in talks for the playoffs.

• Upvote 3