• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF men's hoops roster evolving

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

43 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just checked on our last grad transfer, Nunez, and he committed April 20, 2015 but wasn't officially added until Aug 15 .... but then AC was officially added to the TAMU roster on April 27, 2015 after committing on April 26. Timelines will obviously differ on each player's individual circumstances but just hope ours are in a more AC-like fashion.

My guess is AC had his ducks in a row and was at that point no longer a USF student while I bet Nunes had something to clear up at Gonzaga and graduated in inner term. I'd expect the Auburn transfer to be announced before the grad transfers as they have to actually graduate before officially joining. Penn States commencement is next weekend so I'd guess we find out about two of them soon there after. Farleigh Dickinson's is the following weekend. if we don't hear something on all three officially in the next three to four weeks then start to worry. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

54 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Yeah he hasn't been "officially announced" either. Not sure what that means, if anything.

Means he's not a Bull yet ....

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Means he's not a Bull yet ....

I believe a parent also needs to sign the LOI for a minor.

Since Yetna is from Paris, France, it could take some additional time to get all the paper work completed.

In addition, I couldn't find whether his HS had already held a late period signing day for its athletes. 

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

Speaking of the evolution of rosters, saw this familiar name pop up ....

DUNK CITY, Fla. – Looking to solidify its long-range shooting, the FGCU men's basketball team has added guard Dinero Mercurius as the rising redshirt junior has signed a National Letter of Intent to join the Eagles and will have two seasons of eligibility beginning immediately.

Mercurius (murr-CURE-e-us) started his career at USF, playing in 29 games as a freshman with the Bulls in 2014-15 before transferring to the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, redshirting and spending last season as a redshirt sophomore at Daytona State College.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

And he averaged like 17 pts per game. The kid could shoot but never had the opportunity to settle on the court. He was a decent player at a position filled with the same, plus CAJ

The final piece of the puzzle!

USF basketball lands Gardner-Webb transfer

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 6:28pm

New USF men's basketball coach Brian Gregory's replenishment of the Bulls roster continued Wednesday when Gardner-Webb PG Laquincy Rideau, a former Pompano Beach Ely star, announced via Twitter he's headed to Tampa.

ESPN's Jeff Goodman earlier had reported Rideau's transfer. The Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel's large-school player of the year for 2015, Rideau must sit out the 2017-18 season, and will have two years' eligibility thereafter.

Listed at 6-foot-1, 204 pounds, Rideau led Gardner-Webb (19-14) in scoring (14.2 ppg), assists (5.2) and steals (3.0) this past season, shooting 39 percent (30) from 3-point range. As a senior at Ely, he averaged 16.2 points and 6.8 assists, helping lead the Tigers to a 28-0 record and the Class 7A state title. 

Here's some footage from Rideau's senior year at Ely.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/usf-basketball-lands-gardner-webb-transfer/2322633

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Ely was a district foe of mine back when they played their home baseball games at Pompano Municipal. That was also my home stadium one summer playing travel ball, cool thing about it was you were right next to the airport where they housed the Goodyear Blimp. So every now and then, you'd see it coming in for a landing and docking.

Too bad, we have to wait a year to watch him play for USF.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Good deal!