• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football schedule announcement at...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

1 minute ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Didn't we say the same thing going into last season??

They lost their senior QB, their best defensive players, their coach,  and didn't recruit well this year. I'm not ready to call them a walkover, especially early in the year, but if our team learns how to stop the run in the offseason they don't have a ton to fall back on. But you're right, it feels a lot like the old Big East days where we always seemed to play the northern teams on weeknights. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Why are people complaining about weeknight games?  

It's a chance to show off our QB that many are placing some hope that he might have a shot at a Heisman, without a bunch of other games interfering with it.  

Then, you have the full weekend to spend with your family.  

At least it's not a Thursday night and competing TNF or the Blacklist (assuming it stays on Thursdays), which is a pretty badass show.

Edit:  I see the Temple game is a Thursday, so that DOES suck - but at least it'll probably be the most watched college football game that day.  I DO hate Thursday games though, and wish we weren't playing Temple that day.

Edited by GaUSFBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

I am not worried about Temple one bit. They have lost so many seniors, and their star coach.....

I don't even think they are a bowl team next year.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348

47 minutes ago, vwlbull said:

Homecoming will be a nooner, I bet.  Hopefully, not many others 

Can't wait to see how many people are in the stands for that one....Top 20 team....homecoming...do we crack 15k actual?

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

The good news is that we shouldn't have an early game in the month of September.  All of those games should be 7 PM kickoffs, so the heat won't be an issue with fans.  The first early game is probably UMass in mid October.  Then the final 3 home games the weather should be alot nicer (2 of those in Nov and the other close to Halloween).  All things considered, not a bad schedule.  I'm kind of surprised Houston isn't a weekday night game, but it seems Temple is the new 'rivalry' ESPN is pushing.  This makes 3 years in a row in primetime vs the Owls. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

25 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Why are people complaining about weeknight games?  

It's a chance to show off our QB that many are placing some hope that he might have a shot at a Heisman, without a bunch of other games interfering with it.  

Then, you have the full weekend to spend with your family.  

At least it's not a Thursday night and competing TNF or the Blacklist (assuming it stays on Thursdays), which is a pretty badass show.

Edit:  I see the Temple game is a Thursday, so that DOES suck - but at least it'll probably be the most watched college football game that day.  I DO hate Thursday games though, and wish we weren't playing Temple that day.

Only problem is, "Hey boss, I'm leaving early today 'cause the BULLS are playing tonight. And I probably won't be in tomorrow. Oh, btw, I'm leaving early next Friday also..."

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, vwlbull said:

Homecoming will be a nooner, I bet.  Hopefully, not many others 

Why?  TV doesn't care about UMass at all so I'm thinking (and hoping) it's at 7:00.  If was in conference, a nooner would be much more probable.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

Was Harlan responsible for such an weak out of conf schedule ?  I sure hope Harlan signs all p-5 with the exception of one AA preseason tune up game in the future

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

17 minutes ago, mellobull said:

Was Harlan responsible for such an weak out of conf schedule ?  I sure hope Harlan signs all p-5 with the exception of one AA preseason tune up game in the future

Probably but people on here will blame Woolard.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

40 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Only problem is, "Hey boss, I'm leaving early today 'cause the BULLS are playing tonight. And I probably won't be in tomorrow. Oh, btw, I'm leaving early next Friday also..."

Hopefully your boss doesn't have a problem with you doing that two times in the span of 4 months, if you plan in advance.  If it's a problem, I suggest a new job.

• Upvote 1