• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Must be more to the story...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I wonder if this has anything to do with the story?

"There were guys on that staff that were not doing things on the up and up as far as just basic relationships go," Meyer said. "But Willie himself, I liked."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footballpreps/team-kia-or-team-cadillac-area-coaches-split-on-willie-taggart/2311980

Probably the longest article on Taggart JK (aka Woodstein) has written since CWT came here .... gotta love the media in the Internet age.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

6 hours ago, smazza said:

it takes the same energy to be nice as it does to be a P%^$K

Great quote smazza.

I hope when I leave my firm I'm not remembered as insincere egomaniac or worse.  But if so, I hope they all blame Twitter.

My last comment to the great Willie T was " I hope you find what you are looking for at Oregon".  His response was not "thank you", but instead, "I will".

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

32 minutes ago, Brad said:

Great quote smazza.

I hope when I leave my firm I'm not remembered as insincere egomaniac or worse.  But if so, I hope they all blame Twitter.

My last comment to the great Willie T was " I hope you find what you are looking for at Oregon".  His response was not "thank you", but instead, "I will".

Related image

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure any of this matters anymore. The program was a mess when he arrived. Now it is better.  Everyone got what they needed during his time here. Go Bulls!

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, TheHorn said:

I'm not sure any of this matters anymore. The program was a mess when he arrived. Now it is better.  Everyone got what they needed during his time here. Go Bulls!

It doesn't  .... but it is definitely prime message board fodder.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, TheHorn said:

This is what it boils down to. Both parties benefitted from the relationship. It's time to move on. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Great quote smazza.

Wow, like in jest? Or with disdain? Just makes you think. We all like to say "best of luck and thanks for the memories," but does xCWT feel positively about his time in Tampa? Always felt like he did.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 2/4/2017 at 8:14 PM, Ionbull said:

Wow, like in jest? Or with disdain? Just makes you think. We all like to say "best of luck and thanks for the memories," but does xCWT feel positively about his time in Tampa? Always felt like he did.

If I were to speculate, based on some of Taggart's quotes to the local media at the end of the season, I think he'd feel overall positively regarding Tampa. The lack of butts-in-seats, while the Bulls were having their most successful season, likely rubbed Tags the wrong way. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 2/6/2017 at 7:39 AM, Paisa el Toro said:

If I were to speculate, based on some of Taggart's quotes to the local media at the end of the season, I think he'd feel overall positively regarding Tampa. The lack of butts-in-seats, while the Bulls were having their most successful season, likely rubbed Tags the wrong way. 

Boo hoo... We've had 2 winning seasons since 2011. If he expected RJS to be sold out this year, he's to blame for unreal expectations. Anyone who's been at the stadium the past few years knows its not great, but it's getting better.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

56 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

The lack of butts-in-seats, while the Bulls were having their most successful season, likely rubbed Tags the wrong way. 

I don't get how people view that as rubbing them the wrong way or an insult. A lot of programs out there, especially G5, don't fill their stadiums, it's just the way it is. Does WKU fill theirs better? Did he leave because their support rubbed them the wrong way? 

Support was getting there and is getting better. Again, if the team really wanted to grab attendance by the horns, you had the opportunity to get Tampa's causal fan base attention by keeping it close w FSU. Instead you gave up by 55 points at home. 

No one here was expecting a win vs them; but if you're going to be upset about attendance you had two opportunities to make yourself heard against one of the big three. Again, casual fans startedto jump back in it, the UCF game was hoppin

• Upvote 1