• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ray Jay Lease Extended 6 More Years

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

We have a better team, and USF needs to fill the coffers for CCS's extension in a few years, or to hire a hot "name" coach if it doesn't work out.

That only works if the increase in ticket prices isn't offset by turning a few people away with the increase. Personally, I wouldn't be raising prices until demand meets supply. If we're at about 16,000 season tickets from last year, a $20 increase nets us about $320,000 dollars. Granted it's more, but not substantially more. Factor in how many of the season tickets went to FSU fans, and we'll be lucky to break even for this season with an increase in our fans and a decrease in FSU tickets. I just don't see how raising prices on our home schedule this year with no FSU and no UCF works to our benefit. Keep them static and cash in for 2018 when we've shown sustained improvement in quality. Unless they're thinking that with 2018 being a season with 6 home games instead of 7 and that would be VERY hard to justify.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

11 hours ago, JTrue said:

That only works if the increase in ticket prices isn't offset by turning a few people away with the increase. Personally, I wouldn't be raising prices until demand meets supply. 

My response was tongue-in-cheek.  I completely agree with this, in all seriousness.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

11 hours ago, JTrue said:

That only works if the increase in ticket prices isn't offset by turning a few people away with the increase. Personally, I wouldn't be raising prices until demand meets supply. If we're at about 16,000 season tickets from last year, a $20 increase nets us about $320,000 dollars. Granted it's more, but not substantially more. Factor in how many of the season tickets went to FSU fans, and we'll be lucky to break even for this season with an increase in our fans and a decrease in FSU tickets. I just don't see how raising prices on our home schedule this year with no FSU and no UCF works to our benefit. Keep them static and cash in for 2018 when we've shown sustained improvement in quality. Unless they're thinking that with 2018 being a season with 6 home games instead of 7 and that would be VERY hard to justify.

2017 is another 7 home game year. Stony Brook, UMass, Illinois are at home OOC plus 4 home games in conference. 

Besides, here's a good reason for it-this team has the potential to go undefeated this year. USF is worth the price increase. We just had an 11 win season and finished in the top 25. Tell me that USF is not worth a price increase after the year we had. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

2017 is another 7 home game year. Stony Brook, UMass, Illinois are at home OOC plus 4 home games in conference. 

Besides, here's a good reason for it-this team has the potential to go undefeated this year. USF is worth the price increase. We just had an 11 win season and finished in the top 25. Tell me that USF is not worth a price increase after the year we had. 

Absolutely is, but does that mean that we now do dynamic ticket pricing and every year we're going to slide the cost up and down depending on the year we had? What if we go 9-3 next year, do we lower prices for 2018 since it's a 6 game year and we did worse? I'd be willing to bet the answer to that is no. My only point was, fill the stadium before you start trying to take advantage of the people already there. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

18 hours ago, Capital H said:

Basic economics, when demand is down and supply is up increase prices.

Wait, what?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

Wait, what?

I think that was tongue-in-cheek, too.  I choose to believe the best in our Bulls fans.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

14 hours ago, UofMemphis said:

recently the city has spent 32 million on the Liberty Bowl, but this offseason they did their best improvement yet...for 5 million they more than quadrupled the number of chairback seats.

before (notice the tiny section of chairback seats on both sides)

the-liberty-bowl-memorial-stadium-52a634

after (it reduced capacity to 58,000)

Liberty-Bowl-1030x579.jpg

0812_malo_liberty_seats06.jpg

that was 5 million well spent 

Wasn't this stadium built by the same folks who built the Big Sombrero? That is not a dig, we don't have a stadium and even if we did I would say the LB looks pretty cool.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

12 hours ago, charsibb said:

Is there enough data out there for someone to do a back-of-the-envelope financial comparison between staying at RJS and building (say) Minnesota's stadium?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/usf-set-to-extend-deal-with-raymond-james-stadium/2310524

Are you talking about a feasibility study?  Those things take years, perhaps decades, to do properly.  

Apparently ;)  

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, MMW said:

Wasn't this stadium built by the same folks who built the Big Sombrero? That is not a dig, we don't have a stadium and even if we did I would say the LB looks pretty cool.

yep...same folks.

Liberty Bowl

Tiger%20Lane%20-%20aerial_0.jpg

Tampa Stadium

super-bowl-25.jpg

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

I think that was tongue-in-cheek, too.  I choose to believe the best in our Bulls fans.  

Hopefully you're right.