• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ray Jay Lease Extended 6 More Years

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Free food and booze at Ray Jay for Tampa Sports Authority cost taxpayers $37,000 last year.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/free-food-and-booze-at-ray-jay-for-tampa-sports-authority-cost-taxpayers/2311312

37K is a tiny drop in the bucket to most things that cost taxpayers ... but God bless the TBT for continuing their policy of keeping on top of minutia like this.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

47 minutes ago, Triple B said:

37K is a tiny drop in the bucket to most things that cost taxpayers ... but God bless the TBT for continuing their policy of keeping on top of minutia like this.

Irrelevant conclusion.

The taxpayer budget has no influence on the ethical decisions made with that $37k.

Edited by Capital H

2 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Irrelevant conclusion.

The taxpayer budget has no influence on the ethical or morale decisions made with that $37k.

What ethical or morale decisions does the taxpayer budget have influence on?

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Triple B said:

What ethical or morale decisions does the taxpayer budget have influence on?

You are implying that because the budget is big it is OK for individuals to misuse money, as long as it is a small portion of it.

Try that with your boss.

1 minute ago, Capital H said:

You are implying that because the budget is big it is OK for individuals to misuse money, as long as it is a small portion of it.

Try that with your boss.

Misuse is in the eyes of the beholder. My boss had no problems with spending money to make more money ...

Sports Authority president and CEO Eric Hart said providing free food and drinks is the cost of doing business. He said the suite often hosts current and potential clients and showing them a good time pays off later.

For example, the relationship built in that suite with Feld Entertainment persuaded the company to increase to two Monster Jam shows instead of one, Hart said. That increased the TSA's annual take from $200,000 to $750,000.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Divide $37,000 by the number of taxpayers in Hillsborough County/City of Tampa, etc ... whoever pays taxes that go to TSA ... and see if it's really a big deal.  My guess it's <$1 per person.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Divide $37,000 by the number of taxpayers in Hillsborough County/City of Tampa, etc ... whoever pays taxes that go to TSA ... and see if it's really a big deal.  My guess it's <$1 per person.  

Multiply that over the costs of any PUBLIC entity that pays to use any portion of the stadium, plus the normal tax we pay for the PUBLIC stadium, plus the taxes the BUCS don't pay, plus...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

59 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Multiply that over the costs of any PUBLIC entity that pays to use any portion of the stadium, plus the normal tax we pay for the PUBLIC stadium, plus the taxes the BUCS don't pay, plus...

Why would I do that?  I'm only talking about the line item of $37k which is a factual figure for a year for one line item on the budget.  

I'm not interested in going through the budget line item by line item and determining the cost to the taxpayer and whether it's fair or not.  Just that line item.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Why would I do that?  I'm only talking about the line item of $37k which is a factual figure for a year for one line item on the budget.  

I'm not interested in going through the budget line item by line item and determining the cost to the taxpayer and whether it's fair or not.  Just that line item.  

:applause:

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

One thing we do agree on ...

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

With our common group a friendship will grow.

Just added that to the myriad of things that keep me awake at night .... and not with anticipation.