• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marlon Mack

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

0% chance QF declares for the draft. I will make any TigerJay style bet anyone on this board wants to strike up.

Not that I expected otherwise, but according to an article recapping the game, ESPN stated Flowers already said he is coming back. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Q ain't no fool.

He's coming back to rip some new ******** and take some more names.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, usfgrad84 said:

Not that I expected otherwise, but according to an article recapping the game, ESPN stated Flowers already said he is coming back. 

So does that mean you're not taking my bet?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Mack is rated the 9th best running back in the upcoming running back class for the NFL Draft according to CBSSports.com's rankings and is projected to go possibly in the 3rd or 4th round if he was to declare for the draft this spring. http://southflorida.247sports.com/Bolt/Marlon-Mack-still-unsure-on-NFL-Draft-50108572

Once a player falls past the third round, most draft picks will sign a 4-year deal in the $2.3-2.4 million range. The only major difference late in the draft is the signing bonus, ranging from $300,000-500,000 in the fourth round

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-draft-contract-values-2016-4

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

I never begrudge a kid for turning pro, whenever they believe it makes the most business sense for them. 

NCAA football is business just like the NFL. It's all about timing. 

That said, I do hope that Mack comes back. He's a classy kid and a great runner. I think he could use another year to get bigger and stronger. If he has another good year and stays healthy it can only help his draft status, especially with the increased attention the program will have next year.

If he leaves early, I'll look forward to following his NFL career. But man, I'd really like to see him stay!

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Mack has been dinged up quite a bit this season which is why some games he doesn't quite look himself (ankle, concussion, etc) and Flowers being an absolute monster has hurt his production. I still think he returns because the RB draft is so deep and he will have an opportunity to have a big time year next season and up his guaranteed money in the 18 draft.  

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Mack had 5 50+ yard runs. He had a 49 yard run. His YPC was slightly better this year. His receptions nearly doubled and were 2 yards per catch more effective. He had 15 total tds this year vs 9 last year.

Mack was just as explosive if not more this year, its just his production came more from the receiving game than last year, and Flowers out shined him pretty much every week.

Edited by Capital H
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Mack is a straight ahead runner and seems to lack the shiftiness to get through crowds at the line of scrimmage, and has seemed to go down fairly easily when hit as of late. 

That being said if he gets the edge he is a beast. 

Not sure he is getting the edge in the NFL tho...

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Mack had 5 50+ yard runs. He had a 49 yard run. His YPC was slightly better this year. His receptions nearly doubled and were 2 yards per catch more effective. He had 15 total tds this year vs 9 last year.

Mack was just as explosive if not more this year, its just his production came more from the receiving game than last year, and Flowers out shined him pretty much every week.

Yeah his carries were down about 2 games worth as well (36 carries). He was very efficient in the touches he did get and would've had probably even better production yards wise than last season if he didn't miss the NIU game.