• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mack to the NFL??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Watching the Poinsettia Bowl, they put up a graphic. I missed the names, but three RB's who are going to the NFL have already taken themselves out of their bowl games, which makes sense

So that makes it pretty clear

If Mack's already decided to go pro, he's not playing in B'hma. If Mack plays in Bham, he's coming back.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Bulls 8_va said:

FWIW, I sat in front of Marlon's parents at the Temple game, and they strongly hinted that he would be coming back and finishing his degree next year.

Some minor details around the program have changed since then, FWIW.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, charsibb said:

Watching the Poinsettia Bowl, they put up a graphic. I missed the names, but three RB's who are going to the NFL have already taken themselves out of their bowl games, which makes sense

So that makes it pretty clear

If Mack's already decided to go pro, he's not playing in B'hma. If Mack plays in Bham, he's coming back.

Shock Linwood is a senior, so he has no choice.

Mccafrey and Fournette are projected to go in the first round. They have everything to lose by playing in their bowl games.

Mack is a 4th rd or later prospect. He absolutely benefits from putting up 120 on 15 carries vs. an SEC defense.

Its really 2 questions. Does he care about getting his degree now? And does his stock significantly improve with a great season next year?

I think he will be a very good RB at the next level, but I don't think he is a generational RB. His ceiling is probably 3rd rd. Does the risk of another 200+ carriers at the amateur level outweigh the opportunity to move from 4-6 rd to mid third?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Draft too deep at RB for him to leave early.

I agree. I think that's why Cook said he plans to stay at FSU next year.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Shock Linwood is a senior, so he has no choice.

Mccafrey and Fournette are projected to go in the first round. They have everything to lose by playing in their bowl games.

Mack is a 4th rd or later prospect. He absolutely benefits from putting up 120 on 15 carries vs. an SEC defense.

Its really 2 questions. Does he care about getting his degree now? And does his stock significantly improve with a great season next year?

I think he will be a very good RB at the next level, but I don't think he is a generational RB. His ceiling is probably 3rd rd. Does the risk of another 200+ carriers at the amateur level outweigh the opportunity to move from 4-6 rd to mid third?

And aren't all of those numbers slotted? He can have a pretty good idea of his contract dollars based straight off where his projected draft position is. 

As far as getting his degree, I think that can also be negotiated on top of his draft dollars.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

strong would ride mack to an undeated season

a talent like mack doesnt come around that often

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348

11 minutes ago, fla331boy said:

Hahaha. There is less than a 0.00% chance he's staying. I don't know where you would've ever heard that. He will most likely be a top 15 pick as the 1st or 2nd RB off the board.

Edited by goldenbrahm1996

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

28 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Hahaha. There is less than a 0.00% chance he's staying. I don't know where you would've ever heard that. He will most likely be a top 15 pick as the 1st or 2nd RB off the board.

LOL fake twitter account

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

13 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Mack won't let Charlie Strong slow him down, he's going pro for sure.

that's my biggest concern, but likely Mack & Strong are smarter than that.  Mack isn't a workhorse...he averages under 15 carries a game (likely in large part because Flowers ran a lot more this year, and DJ got in the reps).  So, I can't imagine ANY coach giving the ball fewer times to Mack, given his skill set.

Side note:  Flowers only trails Mack by 1000 or so yards, career wise.  If Flowers stays & Mack goes, Flowers likely breaks Mack's record for career rushing yards (he may even pass Hall in the bowl game, though I think he's about 200 yards short, and SC won't likely give up that many).

If I HAD to bet, I'd think he leaves early, as Taggart leaving, a new coach/uncertainty and risk of injury may weigh on him.  But for some reason my gut says he stays, and he & Flowers work to leave a true legacy.

We'll find out soon enough.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

54 minutes ago, fla331boy said:

Seriously?  I thought sure Cook would leave (or are you being sarcastic?).

• Upvote 1