• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What hiring Charlie Strong Means for USF

What a Charlie Strong hire means for USF?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm excited about the hire.  The future looks bright. 

Glad to have CCS aboard!!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm excited about the hire.  The future looks bright. 

Glad to have CCS aboard!!

Would you say "Go Bull!"?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Would you say "Go Bull!"?

Yes, and so would Corinne Brown!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Our schedule is so weak next year, unless we beat every opponent by 20 and are undefeated, it will still take some 2 loss teams for us to get in the playoff. 

I know now we have a potential for being undefeated, as we have the best offense in the conference, but with the staff changes and our bad defense I think undefeated is an overly high expectation. Talk abut USF with lower expectations than Texas, is undefeated really a low expectation? 

I think a reasonable expectation is another 10 wins, then maybe a drop off after Flowers leaves, having a year with a rookie QB, then we should have a solid defense by Strong's 3rd year and a 2nd year QB, so that is when I would expect USF to peak is Strong's 3rd year.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I think this hire gives us more chance to be an elite program that, if conference expansion were to occur, we would be a top (if not, the top) candidate.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Gismo said:

Our schedule is so weak next year, unless we beat every opponent by 20 and are undefeated, it will still take some 2 loss teams for us to get in the playoff. 

I know now we have a potential for being undefeated, as we have the best offense in the conference, but with the staff changes and our bad defense I think undefeated is an overly high expectation. Talk abut USF with lower expectations than Texas, is undefeated really a low expectation? 

I think a reasonable expectation is another 10 wins, then maybe a drop off after Flowers leaves, having a year with a rookie QB, then we should have a solid defense by Strong's 3rd year and a 2nd year QB, so that is when I would expect USF to peak is Strong's 3rd year.

Honestly undefeated and two loss teams I still think CFP is a pipe dream. Look at WMU this year. They were no where near a chance. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, ajusf16 said:

Honestly undefeated and two loss teams I still think CFP is a pipe dream. Look at WMU this year. They were no where near a chance. 

Because you can just watch the teams and see the difference in play. 

USFs current defense is an example, despite 10 wins you can see there are teams that would roll right over us. 

That is is why we would need to win by 3 scores every game to pass the eye test.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Because you can just watch the teams and see the difference in play. 

USFs current defense is an example, despite 10 wins you can see there are teams that would roll right over us. 

That is is why we would need to win by 3 scores every game to pass the eye test.

I think we maybe thinking the same way. I just don't feel like with our SOS it would be enough. If we dominate every AAC game, including our championship possible I just don't see it. 

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, ajusf16 said:

We play in a better conference than WMU, but yeah, still a long shot.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Its very dependent on our OOC schedule. For example if we would have started this year ranked, winning against FSU and Temple might have been enough. But that's running the table which is hard no matter which conference you are in.

Assuming we win our bowl game, we will start off next year rank but our SOS is not so hot...so long shot again. 

It's possible all the stars will align one of these years, but for now we need win and show up.

Edited by Bull-Hornz