• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What hiring Charlie Strong Means for USF

What a Charlie Strong hire means for USF?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

It's a troubling statement to me.  It smacks of racism.

If a white coach said, before the NC game vs. CWT, "I'd like to be the first white HC to beat the first African American HC to coach a NC game" do you think it would be an issue?

It's a dumb comment.

Haha. 

#triggered

I hope Taggart/Strong is the first AA coach to win a national title. 

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Has any FBS/BCS program ever hired back to back African American football coaches?

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

11 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

Has any FBS/BCS program ever hired back to back African American football coaches?

ECU?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

I'll be that guy. Assuming QF and Mack stick wit it, anything less than an undefeated regular season would be shocking for 2017.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Color of my coach's skin is never thought about.

Let's talk football and " ... one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Agreed ET.  Now if we can pass the message along to CWT.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

This hire will only add to the buzz USF will have going into next season as a potential undefeated team in arguably the fifth best conference in college football (surpassing Big 12). We will most definitely start the season ranked, probably Top 20, and will only continue to improve upon that ranking as we begin blowing teams out with a continuation of last year's offense and an improved defense. Next season will, without a doubt, be the best season for USF ever when we finish Top 10 and make a prime time bowl. CCS poached Teddy Bridgewater from his Miami commitment when he coached at Louisville, I can't wait to see who he targets to replace Flowers and Mack. With this hire, the preseason ranking, possible undefeated season, Heisman candidate, NY6 Bowl Game (bowl game win????), discussion of being a potential playoff team, CCS is going to have such an easy time recruiting the crap out of Florida. We are not Western Michigan. Their conference is much worse than the AAC and they did not start the season ranked. It was a long grind for them to make the Top 15. I really believe it won't be long before we become a desireable addition to the P5 now. Times are good, folks. We have arrived.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Agree 12 !

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

4 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

This hire will only add to the buzz USF will have going into next season as a potential undefeated team in arguably the fifth best conference in college football (surpassing Big 12). We will most definitely start the season ranked, probably Top 20, and will only continue to improve upon that ranking as we begin blowing teams out with a continuation of last year's offense and an improved defense. Next season will, without a doubt, be the best season for USF ever when we finish Top 10 and make a prime time bowl. CCS poached Teddy Bridgewater from his Miami commitment when he coached at Louisville, I can't wait to see who he targets to replace Flowers and Mack. With this hire, the preseason ranking, possible undefeated season, Heisman candidate, NY6 Bowl Game (bowl game win????), discussion of being a potential playoff team, CCS is going to have such an easy time recruiting the crap out of Florida. We are not Western Michigan. Their conference is much worse than the AAC and they did not start the season ranked. It was a long grind for them to make the Top 15. I really believe it won't be long before we become a desireable addition to the P5 now. Times are good, folks. We have arrived.

Love the optimism but I'm waiting until we get past Stony Brook ...