• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Temple has already reached out to Charlie Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

And losing tons of seniors vs. a top 10 offense in Tampa?  

Temple guy here.  Last season Temple lost I think 3 players on defense to the NFL and replaced them pretty well.  I think you are all sleeping on Temple's returning offense next year probably lead by a highly touted QB in Russo and RB Armstead, along with a lot of returning WR talent.  I don't know about USF but Temple is a school totally committed to football at this point.  The on-campus indoor/outdoor practice facilities are first-class and Temple just has to recruit against PSU and Rutgers, (we don't really recruit out west against pitt, our bread and butter is NJ recruits) putting them second on the totem pole around here when, I mean no disrespect here, you guys are at best the 4th option in your state.  Also is there a guarantee that Mack isn't declaring for draft?  I'm think that USF is a fine job to get, but I wouldn't say it's a "no doubt about it" better job than Temple is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, sammyscimeca said:

Temple guy here.  Last season Temple lost I think 3 players on defense to the NFL and replaced them pretty well.  I think you are all sleeping on Temple's returning offense next year probably lead by a highly touted QB in Russo and RB Armstead, along with a lot of returning WR talent.  I don't know about USF but Temple is a school totally committed to football at this point.  The on-campus indoor/outdoor practice facilities are first-class and Temple just has to recruit against PSU and Rutgers, (we don't really recruit out west against pitt, our bread and butter is NJ recruits) putting them second on the totem pole around here when, I mean no disrespect here, you guys are at best the 4th option in your state.  Also is there a guarantee that Mack isn't declaring for draft?  I'm think that USF is a fine job to get, but I wouldn't say it's a "no doubt about it" better job than Temple is. 

Welcome to the board.  Is Temple still thinking about an OCS?   Any movement there?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361

Wow! CWT  announced yesterday that he was leaving. Temple has been searching for a coach for over a week. To expect USF to have all of his ducks in a row in hiring a new coach in one day is ridiculous. there is no doubt that they were preparing  for this and had some ideas but it's going to take a couple of days to execute. And I for one want to make sure that they make a well-thought-out decision. USF is in the same spot they were When CJL got fired having a solid team, recruiting on the upswing and a bright future. I am confident nobody wants to go through another Holtz  debacle.  So unless they absolutely know 100% who that guy is I'm all for them not making a rash decision. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, Massbull said:

Wow! CWT  announced yesterday that he was leaving. Temple has been searching for a coach for over a week. To expect USF to have all of his ducks in a row in hiring a new coach in one day is ridiculous. there is no doubt that they were preparing  for this and had some ideas but it's going to take a couple of days to execute. And I for one want to make sure that they make a well-thought-out decision. USF is in the same spot they were When CJL got fired having a solid team, recruiting on the upswing and a bright future. I am confident nobody wants to go through another Holtz  debacle.  So unless they absolutely know 100% who that guy is I'm all for them not making a rash decision. 

How dare you post a sensible logical and reasonable reply!!!

AT TBP WE DEMAND OUTRAGE AND HYSTERIA! (...besides excellence)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  132

18 minutes ago, sammyscimeca said:

Welcome to the board!

Even as one of many teams in the state there is alot more blue chip talent to recruit in the state of Florida. Then you can jump on your boat and do some fishing after recruiting.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2016/6/28/12040586/rankings-state-stars-florida-texas-california

Also helps that C. Strong has family and a house in Lakeland FL

Edited by CountryBull

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

16 minutes ago, sammyscimeca said:

Appreciate your opinion, even though it's wrong...

also Florida has more than 2x the population of NJ and we play football year round here.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe we are waiting for NFL season to end for Belichick.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Maybe we are waiting for NFL season to end for Belichick.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

17 minutes ago, sammyscimeca said:

Temple just has to recruit against PSU and Rutgers, (we don't really recruit out west against pitt, our bread and butter is NJ recruits) putting them second on the totem pole around here when, I mean no disrespect here, you guys are at best the 4th option in your state.

No disrespect taken, in fact I'd call us option 4a, but, and I see that CB posted the site, Florida has 5 times the the 4 & 5 star players of PA and NJ combined and I assume this ratio is close to same for lower star players also.

I'm think that USF is a fine job to get, but I wouldn't say it's a "no doubt about it" better job than Temple is. 

You do understand that this isn't a generic college football board, right?  :shade:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

23 minutes ago, sammyscimeca said:

I actually agree with you on this one...

I have a lot of respect for Temple. Rhule was a great coach.