• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great Article on Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/29/13758250/willie-taggart-south-florida-football-head-coach

"Don’t let the smile fool you. Willie Taggart and USF are done being ignored"

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Coach T is taking no prisoners! I like it!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

This guy wants to play in front of a crowd and for a NC.  2 things he is not getting at USF. 

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

A great article on CWT. And how he interacts with the team.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

This is a telling quote:

"I looked at it originally and thought, well, if we win, they’ll come. It’ll take care of itself. But we’ve won, and they haven’t come. We haven’t received the excitement we thought that our team should have received. So that means we’ve got more work to do in areas than just winning games."

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

13 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

This is a telling quote:

"I looked at it originally and thought, well, if we win, they’ll come. It’ll take care of itself. But we’ve won, and they haven’t come. We haven’t received the excitement we thought that our team should have received. So that means we’ve got more work to do in areas than just winning games."

It is a lot of issues.  I think it is the schedule (improved this year, but next year stinks) and the conference (Big East was exciting), playing at RayJay.  Not one thing is at fault. 

Guest PCBull14
2 minutes ago, Rizman said:

It is a lot of issues.  I think it is the schedule (improved this year, but next year stinks) and the conference (Big East was exciting), playing at RayJay.  Not one thing is at fault. 

Simple people don't show up. NO excuses. The team is winning with cheap ass seats available all over the stadium. Sad. No excuses. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Two months after he took the job, USF was folded into the American Athletic and out of the newly redistricted Power 5.

That was tough. Everyone asked why it was taking so long to get the program back, that was a big part of it,” he said. “The expectation didn’t match anymore, and now we had to change the culture. You had been playing for the same thing Florida and Florida State and Miami and those teams were playing for, and you could go sell that to get recruits.

This is the problem.  The gap between P5 and G5 will continue to grow, our schedule will continue to be watered down through mandates from the P5 commissioners.  The revenue disparity will grow larger and we won't be able to afford to keep our good coaches.  Teams like BC have zero business being in the P5.  Imagine what home games would be like playing in the ACC...  Rant over, back to regularly scheduled programming  

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

“People want to be a part of something. We just have to find them. We can’t work in the same space as everyone; we need to be at the edge of that fence looking over, trying to push it over. We have to be different here.”

From Coach Taggart

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This was great.  I love his motto, "Try to score on us, we'll score on you.  Punt the ball, and we'll take a knee." 

Also, I had no idea Jim Harbaugh was on Saved By the Bell.  Mind blown.  

• Upvote 1