• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong Buyout

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

21 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

It would be nice if these two guys would run into each other sometime.  Who knows what would come out of that conversation.

CWT:  Charlie!  How's it going?

CS:  Willie!  I'm doing great, I'm just taking a little time with the family and looking forward to recharging my batteries before getting back into coaching again.  How's it going in Tampa?

CWT:  It's going absolutely fantastic.  We won 10 games and it seems like all my, I mean, our hard work is paying off. It's been a long road but we're starting to get some recognition - although not as much as I'd like, it's more than before.  

CS:  Glad to hear it.  You deserve it.  

CWT:  Thanks.  You deserve whatever you go after as well.  I think you got a raw deal at Texas - you should have had more time.

CS:  I think so too, and I just hope those kids have nothing but success moving forward with Tom Herman.  Boy, you sure have a dynamic QB.  I've enjoyed seeing his highlights.  That defense, though.  They're giving up some points - good thing your offense is about to outscore people.

CWT:  Yeah, that's the reason I think we're good.  We have some talented guys, they just need to buy into the system and keep improving.  I've been working with Ray, my DC, for a looooong time and even though he's only been a coordinator for a year and doesn't seem to adjust on the fly too well, I know he's the best guy to make our defense work.  I mean, I'm not even considering any other options there, so don't think I'm not onto what you're asking.  You looking to jump back in the game so soon?  

CS:  Whoa, whoa, slow your roll, Willie.  You think I'm asking you for a job?  

CWT:  Sure sounds like what you were getting at to me, Charlie.  I know you were the DC at Florida before you went to the Ville, but I promise you, my guy Ray is the next Charlie Strong.  Why would I make any changes when we're 10-2?  Plus, it may take a while for our defense to get good if we make a change at DC, so even though you're proven to run strong (pardon the expression) defenses in a big time conference, I think we'd be taking a step back if I made a coordinator-level change at this point.  Ray is going to help take us to the promised land.

CS:  What promised land is that, Willie?  The Peach Bowl?  The St. Petersburg Bowl?  You're in the AAC.  Hiring me would be great for publicity for USF.  It would make headlines.  When's the last time you made headlines?  You just got ranked for the first time in 4 years at USF and people barely noticed.  Hell, you didn't even make the CFP rankings.  You could use me.  

CWT:  Sorry, Charlie.  I'm rolling with Ray.  There's just too much history with us.  I know we'll get better.  I just see more positives with Ray than with a new DC - even someone of your caliber.

CS:  Well, good thing I wasn't asking.  I'm a head coach, Willie.  That's what I've been doing, and that's what I will be doing.  Don't tell anyone I expressed any interest.  If you do, I'll deny it.  

CWT:  Fine.  

CS:  Fine.

CWT:  See you later.  Enjoy semi-retirement.

CS:  Oh I will.  I'll be enjoying millions of dollars while I don't work, and I'll get a HC position at almost any mid-level P5 school I want, when I want. 

CWT:  Yeah, I'm thinking about that myself.  Maybe I'll see you around.  If I beat you, make sure you punt on your last possession or I'll embarrass the hell out of you.  Remember that.

CS:  Oh, I'll remember that.

CWT:  Me too.  I'll remember it too.

CS:  See ya, Willie.

CWT:  Later, Charlie.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

CS:  Willie!  I'm doing great, I'm just taking a little time with the family and looking forward to recharging my batteries before getting back into coaching again.  How's it going in Tampa?

CWT:  It's going absolutely fantastic.  We won 10 games and it seems like all my, I mean, our hard work is paying off. It's been a long road but we're starting to get some recognition - although not as much as I'd like, it's more than before.  

CWT:  Thanks.  You deserve whatever you go after as well.  I think you got a raw deal at Texas - you should have had more time.

CS:  I think so too, and I just hope those kids have nothing but success moving forward with Tom Herman.  Boy, you sure have a dynamic QB.  I've enjoyed seeing his highlights.  That defense, though.  They're giving up some points - good thing your offense is about to outscore people.

CWT:  Yeah, that's the reason I think we're good.  We have some talented guys, they just need to buy into the system and keep improving.  I've been working with Ray, my DC, for a looooong time and even though he's only been a coordinator for a year and doesn't seem to adjust on the fly too well, I know he's the best guy to make our defense work.  I mean, I'm not even considering any other options there, so don't think I'm not onto what you're asking.  You looking to jump back in the game so soon?  

CWT:  Sure sounds like what you were getting at to me, Charlie.  I know you were the DC at Florida before you went to the Ville, but I promise you, my guy Ray is the next Charlie Strong.  Why would I make any changes when we're 10-2?  Plus, it may take a while for our defense to get good if we make a change at DC, so even though you're proven to run strong (pardon the expression) defenses in a big time conference, I think we'd be taking a step back if I made a coordinator-level change at this point.  Ray is going to help take us to the promised land.

CS:  What promised land is that, Willie?  The Peach Bowl?  The St. Petersburg Bowl?  You're in the AAC.  Hiring me would be great for publicity for USF.  It would make headlines.  When's the last time you made headlines?  You just got ranked for the first time in 4 years at USF and people barely noticed.  Hell, you didn't even make the CFP rankings.  You could use me.  

CWT:  Sorry, Charlie.  I'm rolling with Ray.  There's just too much history with us.  I know we'll get better.  I just see more positives with Ray than with a new DC - even someone of your caliber.

CS:  Well, good thing I wasn't asking.  I'm a head coach, Willie.  That's what I've been doing, and that's what I will be doing.  Don't tell anyone I expressed any interest.  If you do, I'll deny it.  

CS:  Oh I will.  I'll be enjoying millions of dollars while I don't work, and I'll get a HC position at almost any mid-level P5 school I want, when I want. 

CWT:  Yeah, I'm thinking about that myself.  Maybe I'll see you around.  If I beat you, make sure you punt on your last possession or I'll embarrass the hell out of you.  Remember that.

You do have a job, right?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Triple B said:

You do have a job, right?

Yeah.  We're slow today.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

Yeah.  We're slow today.

Carry on ...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

So will act two be a drunken call? Either of them can be drunk it's your choice.

1 minute ago, HR Bull said:

So will act two be a drunken call? Either of them can be drunk it's your choice.

TBD.  Act two will probably not be written until October or November of 2017. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

TBD.  Act two will probably not be written until October or November of 2017. 

Smh... They always make you wait for the sequel 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,493
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

That's not how I remember the conversation in my head at all.  In my version, Strong was a little more positive and Willie was a little more open-minded.  Buzzkill!

41 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

That's not how I remember the conversation in my head at all.  In my version, Strong was a little more positive and Willie was a little more open-minded.  Buzzkill!

You were having a nice dream if you remember any open-mindedness on CWT's part.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

20 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Yeah.  We're slow today.

that was great

• Upvote 1