• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Two Big Time Transfers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

Cherry was a big hitter but that was about it. He was too slow to play against the spread attacks of the aac.

Auggie Sanchez....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

When I see transfer to a JUCO I think grade issues.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

CWT doesn't seem to work well with transfers, if USF is going to truly shine, we are going to have to have a coach who can rehabilitate other schools problem children.

Worked with with Rodney Adams, Valdes-Scantling, and seemingly AJ Legree (before injury).  Transfers will always be a coin toss as there is typ ically a reason they didn't stay at their first choice. CWT took them because of their talent, hoping to mold them.

Edited by thatBULL

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

CWT doesn't seem to work well with transfers, if USF is going to truly shine, we are going to have to have a coach who can rehabilitate other schools problem children.

Did ok with. Rodney Adams.  Hudson and Valdes Scantling haven't been great players yet but are doing fine.  

I don't think it has much to do with CWT.  Transfers and JUCOs frequently have issues of their own creation.  CWT can't baby individuals, all he can do is give them a chance here. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh the list is long in the annals of USF football history. Seen these guys come and go. What's funny Mike White is the only one I remember who did well. The rest, completely disappeared  athletically. 

I think OP is referring to transfers into USF.  Mike White signed with us out of HS and transferred out. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh the list is long in the annals of USF football history. Seen these guys come and go. What's funny Mike White is the only one I remember who did well. The rest, completely disappeared  athletically. 

I think OP is referring to transfers into USF.  Mike White signed with us out of HS and transferred out. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

Yeah, I was talking about our exit door

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

To be fair, sometimes he tries a little tough love and puts his foot down but it backfires.  

Edited by MMW
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

People always forget these kids are transferring for a reason and set unrealistic expectations for them.  Those high school rankings and accolades stop being relevant the moment the kids sign on the dotted line of the LOI.  After that it's all about production at the college level when it comes to expectations.  If a kid isn't transferring because of a family illness or something legit it's always buyer beware and most of the time they fizzle out.