• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Rivalry!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

The sign comes out and can be replaced depending on which school won it.  The team was playing around with it after the game.

The sign has the USF logo on one side and the UCF logo on the other.  The sign is inserted into the base with the winning's team logo facing forward.

Video of the team carrying the trophy:

Right after the 3 minute mark, you can see the UCF logo:

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

2 hours ago, Massbull said:

This UCF coaching staff is the real deal especially the HC. They turned an 0-11 team to a bowl team. They were very prepared for USF and played hard all the way to the end but USF has just too many athletes. 

This rivalry is going to be awesome. If CWT stays USF should have an edge because of recruiting.

CWT ran the ball three times at the end ,although I don't agree with it,  I didn't think that it was that far out of line. However I can understand how UCF probably felt.

This is nowhere near as bad as when CWT was throwing the ball deep at the end of a blowout earlier this year.

My opinion still stands however when the game is over kneel down to protect your players from injury. it's about winning not running up the score. 

Hopefully he doesn't learn this lesson the hard way by losing a key athlete on a meaningless play.

I think running the last play is what rubs most people the wrong way. UCF had a time out and could have stopped the clock. In theory we couldn't just take a knee 3 times. But on the last play when they clearly aren't stopping the clock and you can just go shake hands and go home running up to the line is a bi ... puerile.

I think it is beyond the pale to suggest anyone will get hurt over it though.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

57 minutes ago, USF_Grouper said:

I think running the last play is what rubs most people the wrong way. 

You and maybe two other USF fans were rubbed the wrong way.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, USF_Grouper said:

I think running the last play is what rubs most people the wrong way. UCF had a time out and could have stopped the clock. In theory we couldn't just take a knee 3 times. But on the last play when they clearly aren't stopping the clock and you can just go shake hands and go home running up to the line is a bi ... puerile.

I think it is beyond the pale to suggest anyone will get hurt over it though.

They can suck it, if they can't stop a running play by a back up RB that's their problem. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

Football is a violent sport & injuries can happen on any play,not to believe that is nieve. The Pats lost Rob Gronkoski on an extra point in Preseason.

Runninig up the score is not the problem,as a matter of fact I believe you should keep your foot on the gas as long as you can. But when you have the ball and you can kneel down to end the game you should do it.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They can suck it, if they can't stop a running play by a back up RB that's their problem. 

And our offense only has one gear which is trying to score.  Has anyone watched us trying to run out the clock??  It's horrible.  We end up running up the middle 3 times for no gain and end up punting.  Yes, it was the end of the game, but it's up to the other team to make the stop.  It was a running play, it wasn't a throw into the endzone. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

8 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

You and maybe two other USF fans were rubbed the wrong way.

It rubbed me the right way. We were all very happy in the crowd yelling to go for it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Rocky Style said:

It rubbed me the right way. We were all very happy in the crowd yelling to go for it.

Me too.  I LOVED seeing us twist the knife a little more.  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

The fact that this is even an issue is a perfect example of the dumbing down/wussification of America.  I would venture to guess that nobody over the age of 30 has a problem with it.  #millenials. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1