• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jimbo Fisher Ripple Effect

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

So he's going to trade cruddy FSU boosters for the same dudes/dudettes that ran out the Mad Hatter?

I doubt he just accepts the job with the optimism LSU will be better. More like, you want/need me more than I need you. Get your boosters in line and I'll consider it. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

If not FSU, then LSU or Texas will come after Taggart. Taggart is the top of everyone's list. This is common knowledge. 

LOL. You forgot the sarcasm font

cartoon-fisherman-with-a-fishing-pole-si

443440-Royalty-Free-RF-Clip-Art-Illustra

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Taggart may end up at a P5 school in the future, but it won't be any of the ones mentioned. Essentially, this will be a money grab by Taggart once his name surfaces during the offseason. Jimbo Leavitt did it as does every other coach that extorts a university during their good times. If Taggart requests more money, we need to make it painful for him to leave prior to fulfilling his contract (unless he gets fired here). Too bad AD's don't have the balls to lay it on the table as such. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, IBulleve said:

It's not as simple as them not caring about him. Something about his kid being in the hospital and the boosters basically telling him they didn't care about his kid that he needed to be at a booster banquet. That's classic FSU. Conference doesn't set your morals 

Even so, it was more of a response to why he may be looking elsewhere or at least entertaining the possibility. 

Somehow I see SEC or Texas boosters as more crazy.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, 

If FSU offered Taggart, he'd be in Tallahassee as fast as I would be if I won the powerball.

Let's think about.

1. He grew up an FSU fan.

2. He left his alma mater for a "greener pasture."

3. Our largest actual attendance this year, sans FSU game, is something like 24,000 fans. Seriously, 24,000 fans. That glass isn't half full, it's 2/3's empty.  

4. I repeat, our largest actual attendance this year, sans FSU game, is something like 24,000 fans. We're winning lots of games, and no one cares to come. I graduated from USF in 2005, but I'm currently taking a class on campus and surprisingly, the interest in athletics is much less.  If you think ****** attendance doesn't factor in a coaches decision, let alone recruting, you're fooled. Everyone loves to be appreciated.   

That being said, I hope he stays, and we continue winning.  GO Bulls

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

4 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

Coach T is home... I don't think he's gonna leave.

LOL.  As soon as someone triples his salary and gives him a legit chance to win a national championship he's outta here.  A plane ticket home doesn't cost much in comparison.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

19 minutes ago, mattegunz said:

Guys, 

If FSU offered Taggart, he'd be in Tallahassee as fast as I would be if I won the powerball.

Let's think about.

1. He grew up an FSU fan.

2. He left his alma mater for a "greener pasture."

3. Our largest actual attendance this year, sans FSU game, is something like 24,000 fans. Seriously, 24,000 fans. That glass isn't half full, it's 2/3's empty.  

4. I repeat, our largest actual attendance this year, sans FSU game, is something like 24,000 fans. We're winning lots of games, and no one cares to come. I graduated from USF in 2005, but I'm currently taking a class on campus and surprisingly, the interest in athletics is much less.  If you think ****** attendance doesn't factor in a coaches decision, let alone recruting, you're fooled. Everyone loves to be appreciated.   

That being said, I hope he stays, and we continue winning.  GO Bulls

An OCS would change that...... BOOM!!! thread hijacked!  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

It would surprise me to see CWT get offered a P5 HC spot that has major fb winning tradition.  And I can see him moving to a mid level P5.school. However next yr will be different unless the yr is a disapointment ie footbull loss in aac championship game.   I see the big schools come a calling with a top 12 finish and maybe a new years bowl. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Unless LSU is willing to give Jimbo a 50%-100% raise (which FSU might match) I doubt he'd want to have Sagan relegate him to the Citrus bowl every year.

Every coach, at least the really good ones, believe they are the ones that can beat Saban. No matter how ignorant it might actually be

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

47 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

An OCS would change that...... BOOM!!! thread hijacked!  

Agreed!! USF is pretty much screwed until an OCS happens.  I have said it for years and I will say it until the cows come home.