• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey Grothe, here's something your team was missing...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

7 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Will always love me some MG.  CJL made a very poor decision leaving him in the game up 40-0 as the half was running out.  Ended his career. 

Go Bulls!

I remember screaming at the TV, "Get him out!", then "Why are we running our QB??".  "Oh no".

Grothe  & Selvie put this program on the map, and if we ever get an OCS, they'll be the first banners hanging as HOFers.

7 hours ago, Brad said:

This isn't even about Grothe. 

As I have said before, this is the best QB/RB/WR combo EVER.  

No question...we're stacked beyond our greediest dreams, and will look back on this time as blessed we were.

7 hours ago, JoeB said:

It was only 28-0, so there wasn't a decision to be made at all.  Nobody takes their QB out before half when its only 28-0.  

http://www.espn.com/ncf/recap/_/id/292620058

I'd forgotten the details, but you're correct.  For me, the game was well in hand, with FSU next, so I wanted him out, but you're right...that's pretty early.  But I didn't like running him.  But, one could argue that your running QB has to run, and you can't fear injuries.  Still, that was frustrating...but I'm sure a lot more for MG than us.

5 hours ago, JoeB said:

By this rationale, we should have had QF out midway thru the 2nd Quarter last week vs Navy.  Its a good thing we didn't take him out.  Like I said before nobody does this.  BA you should know better.  Complain about the playcall, but not the decision to keep him in there.

Pretty sure Navy's ability to comeback is a LITTLE big more than Charleston Southern.  But otherwise, I take your point.  I was a bit surprised when Taggart put in Kean mid-4th, as he rarely does.  And we would up with 2 short drives (if memory serves), and 5 straight Navy TDs to end the game (not all after Kean went in, clearly).

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

Why is Grothe untouchable around here like he won the heisman or something?

The NFL defense carried his teams not his errand INTs. Put Grothe's offense on this current absolutely-no-defense team, and they go 0-12.

No championships.

I don't get it.

Put this offense with Grothe's defenses and we're unfeated and a top #10 ranking.

Edited by zarnozdabull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Loved watching MG play, would love to watch him again.   The competitive fire was unmatched.  As CWT would say, he attacked each day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind.

All that said, I don't think I'd rank him as the best QB to ever play for USF.  I would say he was the QB during the most successful run USF has had - to this point.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Can't I like both? Do i have to choose?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Can't I like both? Do i have to choose?

Haha, this is spot on! They both did their thing and did it well during different periods.