• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

11-2, and no Conference Championship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

If both us and Temple win out, that will be the scenario (11-2 assuming we win our bowl game). It would be the best record we ever had, but would still be a little disappointing IMO. I was pretty certain we had the talent to represent the East in the CCG, that us vs. Houston was the inevitable title game matchup. Now it looks as though neither team will get there. Again, we'll probably have our best ever finish. Curious about your thoughts on how much momentum we will lose by not even getting to the CCG if it does in fact unfold that way. Successful compared to our recent past, but disappointing based on expectations IMO.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't know.  Best season ever and much of the team returning.  I think we'll be fine.  Hopefully, we'll have a new DC.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

that is what happens when you dont beat the team ahead of you

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Memphis is no cake-walk, all depends on whichever USF defense shows up...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

These last 3 games are not easy.

Memphis and SMU on road will be tough.especially with our defense.

Ucf a rival game with their good defense will also be a test.

Goals in order Beat UCF, win bowl and beat Memphis and SMU.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

What's funny is that if we win out, no doubt we'll be ranked (I doubt Temple will ever be with that Army loss) and no fricking conference championship. Our margin of error was small and a 7-1 conference record wouldn't have gotten it done.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

What's funny is that if we win out, no doubt we'll be ranked (I doubt Temple will ever be with that Army loss) and no fricking conference championship. Our margin of error was small and a 7-1 conference record wouldn't have gotten it done.

Oh, there is doubt.  You may have none but there are others that do. I'm one of them.  If we aren't leading/winning our division within our conference I don't see enough people, who don't really pay attention and watch our games, voting for us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Oh, there is doubt.  You may have none but there are others that do. I'm one of them.  If we aren't leading/winning our division within our conference I don't see enough people, who don't really pay attention and watch our games, voting for us.

I don't disagree with your entirely, yes there is a chance that we will never be ranked. But at the end of the year, IF we win out, 11-2, we would have had a win against a top 25 team, and I am assuming that a few teams ahead of us will lose more games, giving them 4 losses or more. That is probably the key for us being ranked. We are what, 29 or so now, depending on the poll?

Edited by Hueyhog20
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  337

To be 11-2  with no conference championship to show for it is a strange thought. Sadly, the reality of a G5 team is unless you are winning championships I'm not sure what that does for your program in the long run.  I think the goal is to elevate the perception of the program nationally to make it attractive for a potentially big money deal if the chance should arise. As a fan I'll be excited to see win total history, but when I look back on the season I'll always think yeah but....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

No CCG but if we win out the regular season and Temple loses the CCG; I say we are ranked higher which is what matters to the NYday bowl... we need a little help for sure