• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers' Heisman Hype

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

Dude, it's a message board.  I'm just pointing out facts.  Doing that helps keep a board running.  QF is amazing but he's not perfect.  

That is a fair and logical argument. You are wise beyond your years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

wow.

deja vu.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Playing along with the supposition that Flowers could actually be in the running for a Heisman, the unfortunately reality is that Lamar Jackson does everything Flowers does, either as good or better, and definitely against superior competition.  As long as LJ is around, which he should be for at least one more year (as will Flowers), he'll pretty much take every headline that QF would get.  

LJ had a terrible game last week...I believe he threw 3 picks. QF is great in our offense but I do not think he has the arm for a heisman

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348

18 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

LJ had a terrible game last week...I believe he threw 3 picks. QF is great in our offense but I do not think he has the arm for a heisman

24/41 361yds 4TD 1int

17car 88yds

Sign me up for that every week..

Edited by goldenbrahm1996

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

There have only been two Heisman winners since the mid 1960s from non power schools.  In 1989 Andre Ware did it, and in 1990 Ty Detmer did it.  So essentially its been 26 years.  Things have changed alot since then.  No way they award the Heisman to a non P5 school player in today's environment of college football.  Love the enthusiasm ET, but it won't happen.    

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Heisman hopes, maybe not. But thoughts about a potential for the NFL? I think as a utility player he has some chops. Maybe he needs to take a few passes from DJ...

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Whether voters would actually award QF the Heisman is not important. We all doubt they would.  What is important is if the hype can get QF on some lists next year which helps recruiting and puts some shine on how far the program has come.

He doesn't have to win or even make it to New York but he shows up on the watch list for 10 weeks next year and that's worth a lot.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Heisman hopes, maybe not. But thoughts about a potential for the NFL? I think as a utility player he has some chops. Maybe he needs to take a few passes from DJ...

I think this would actually be wise.  It would absolutely be entertaining to see it written into the offense somewhere.  Maybe not this year, but for QF's senior year next year.

Either way, I think he goes to the combine as a RB, or as kind of a Tavon Austin-type guy.  He has abilities that, in my opinion, the NFL would not be able to ignore.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348

6 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

Whether voters would actually award QF the Heisman is not important. We all doubt they would.  What is important is if the hype can get QF on some lists next year which helps recruiting and puts some shine on how far the program has come.

He doesn't have to win or even make it to New York but he shows up on the watch list for 10 weeks next year and that's worth a lot.

Exactly, even Greg Ward was in the conversation and I think got as high as #6 in ESPN's Heisman watchlist a couple weeks into the season. 

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  341
  • Days Won:  1

Just ask the guy from NAVY last year... In my eyes one of the best QBs I've seen in a while. But not P5 so....