• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Look Into The Future - 2017

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 10/29/2016 at 1:09 PM, charsibb said:

Doubtful

Mack needs another year to work on his fumbleitis

CWT might get a P5  offer as an OC, but not as a HC

QFT.

If anything Mack's stock is less than it was last year.

People watching the games would easily realize CWT has a couple years of improving to do still before an elite would come calling.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I'm excited for that matchup vs UMass

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, schedule isn't that exciting. Won't have to worry about cramped seating at RJS. Or heavy traffic getting to and leaving the stadium. That's some consolation. My seats are right in front of the sundolls for the 1st and 4th quarters, so I'll be just fine.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

QFT.

If anything Mack's stock is less than it was last year.

People watching the games would easily realize CWT has a couple years of improving to do still before an elite would come calling.

I dunno. His athleticism is off the charts, not sure of his football IQ. But I think he's coachable and progressing

At the end of the first half vs. Navy he allowed himself to get tackled inbounds on the left sideline when he could have (and should have) gotten out of bounds

Right after that on the right sidelines he started to cut left for a few more yards, checked himself, and ran right to get out of bounds (or maybe he heard someone on the USF sidelines)

He doesn't have the best game-sense, but my goodness he can shake you out of your boots and leave you gasping for air.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

I dunno. His athleticism is off the charts, not sure of his football IQ. But I think he's coachable and progressing

At the end of the first half vs. Navy he allowed himself to get tackled inbounds on the left sideline when he could have (and should have) gotten out of bounds

Right after that on the right sidelines he started to cut left for a few more yards, checked himself, and ran right to get out of bounds (or maybe he heard someone on the USF sidelines)

He doesn't have the best game-sense, but my goodness he can shake you out of your boots and leave you gasping for air.

I'm not sure about this.  He did get tackled in bounds, but we had 3 timouts left.  And you are right on the second play, he seemed to forget and then did get out of bounds.  I think his football IQ is good though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

On 10/29/2016 at 0:51 PM, charsibb said:

I'll be repping my Bulls gear at the SJSU game. Anybody else coming out to the left coast for this one?

We finish this season ranked, and run the table next season, we're a lock for the playoffs (if only a frog had wings!)

We hope to make that trip.  Then either head up to Napa or over to South Lake Tahoe.  Been 10 years since we've been to Napa so would probably try to work that in.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

we need linebackers that can stop the run

schedule is horribe

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

Our toughest OOC game will be Illinois, and I don't follow them so not sure how their team will look next year. It could be that they have a young team and are using this year as a learning year, could be better next year.

We get a weaker Houston team next year (that game looks different now than it did earlier this year) and a cupcake in Tulane. Not sure what kind of team Tulsa will have.

Cincy, Temple at home, should be wins. Our toughest conference game may be playing at Uconn, depending on what time of year we play there.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

32 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Our toughest OOC game will be Illinois, and I don't follow them so not sure how their team will look next year. It could be that they have a young team and are using this year as a learning year, could be better next year.

Next year will be year 2 at Illinois for head football coach Lovie Smith. Not saying that will be a good or bad thing; I will leave that for you to decide... 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

We hope to make that trip.  Then either head up to Napa or over to South Lake Tahoe.  Been 10 years since we've been to Napa so would probably try to work that in.

Shaping up to be quite a bullspen tailgate, we should probably try to do something with the alumni tailgate to get a volume discount