• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Still not sure what I witnessed last night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

Waking up after a big win over the #22 ranked Navy Midshipmen. I'm baffled by how well we played on defense, for the 1st half anyway. The so called "eye test" makes me want to see my optometrist again. I've watched Houston beat up Oklahoma, then Navy beat up on Houston. Temple lost to Army, then Army lost to North Texas (NT is better this year but still gotta think they are a crappy team). How the in the hell did they lose to Army?!? We lose to Temple and dominate Navy. I really did not see how we were going to stop Navy's rushing attack. Very happy for the outcome. Hate to have to count on Cinci, UConn, Tulane or ECU to beat Temple. Hope one of those palookas can pull an upset for us. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I don't think Temple is all that great if you force them To throw which we never did.   Cincinnati's defense has better line play so I think they will.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Sometimes it all comes down to having the perfect game plan executed against a team. Temple did it to us and then we did it to Navy. We literally put that team where we wanted them, scoring on almost every offensive possession in the first half! That's unreal. If we didn't take the foot off the gas pedal in the 4th on offense and defense that would've been our first complete game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

I'll tell you what we almost witnessed-- an epic collapse. If that game had gone another five minutes, I think we would have lost. Taggart can't be satisfied with this victory. One good half of football, then another half of piss poor performance. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I will be shocked if Temple wins out. Still we have to do the same. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

A big win.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Well, just shows how winning any championship, conference or national, is extremely difficult. It takes a complete effort at a high level, in all 3 phases of the game plus coaching staff every game. 

13 games (including championship game) is a long season for everyone to stay focused. 

Anything can happen. As they say, that's why they play the games. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, tau.reanb said:

I'll tell you what we almost witnessed-- an epic collapse. If that game had gone another five minutes, I think we would have lost. Taggart can't be satisfied with this victory. One good half of football, then another half of piss poor performance. 

It was 3 quarters of great Football. Navy scored 24 in the 4th quarter. And our offense was according at will. Epic meltdown want possible. 

Screenshot_20161029-084752.png

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

We almost watched one of the worst defensive 4th quarters I've ever seen. Our secondary is a huge liability. They cannot cover anyone. How did we let them complete 4 or 5 deep passes when everyone knew they were going to pass. Ward and Childs are terrible 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

6 minutes ago, tau.reanb said:

We called off the dogs and let Navy run out the clock on themselves....  

• Upvote 2