• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trivia: Have we ever completed 5 or fewer passes in a game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

Woulard wasn't a good enough passer or quarterback to take the job from Flowers. It seems your analysis deserved all of that flack.... 

I never said he was better, I said it would be an open competition before camp even started because of Flowers weaknesses while others scoffed at that and said Flowers was locked in #1. If Woulard didn't beat him out, I'm fine with that and wouldn't make the claim to start him unless Flowers was just straight atrocious for a multiple game stretch, and even then he can't because of injury. I actually think Kean is probably the most talented true QB on the roster tbh.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If by "terrible" passer, you mean "mostly inconsistent", I'd agree. If you mean he can't physically make the throws, you're wrong ...

I want to lean inconsistent and its a motion issue but I'm really bothered by the fact he screws up the most common and easiest throws every single game. Amazing how he can throw a decent deep ball, but god help him if he was to throw a 10 yarder on a regular basis. I think his throwing motion needs correcting and his spirals are atrocious. Maybe he just has small hands? Whatever it is we cannot have a repeat of yesterday because 5 completions is disgusting and absolutely pathetic.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

20 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

You just reminded me that QF's day should have an asterisk, since one of those four "completions" broke Tice's ankle.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.  The poor pass made Tice stop awkwardly to adjust for the pass, and he stuck the foot, breaking his ankle.  With a good throw, he's healthy.  Sad.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

The defense was not good.  But it was 90+ degrees, hotter on the field.  And our offense didn't give the D a chance to rest or regroup.  You try to play defense for 40+ minutes against FSU and see how well you hold up.

True, but we got gashed from the first play & then on.  It's not like we held tough & wilted late.  The beating was instant & for 60 minutes.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

You just reminded me that QF's day should have an asterisk, since one of those four "completions" broke Tice's ankle.

If we're giving out asterisks for stupid **** then you need to add another one for the td pass he perfectly laid in RA's arms that the db made a great, but illegal, play on ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Been hitting the bombs since Spring...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Been hitting the bombs since Spring...

Been bouncing the screens since Fall...of 2015.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

54 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Been bouncing the screens since Fall...of 2015.

this

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, deters- said:

Yea when your QB averages 1 completion per quarter, he's never the reason you lose....

There was a collection of reasons we lost and Flowers was 1B while defense was 1A.

I enjoy watching him play, but seriously people need to stop making excuses for this kid. He's the only part I see holding this offense back.

We scored 35 points and had 450 yards of offense...he had 320 total yards...150 yards rushing...we do that every week we will be in a good position to win as along as we play average defense 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Sometimes the other teams are just better than you. Man for man Fsu has better talent at a majority of positions...you can overcome that with great coaching but they have a better coach also.

No other team we face is that much better than us.