• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JK & MF articles

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

On 9/24/2016 at 8:55 AM, fhemmer209 said:

I don't have the "divided fan" issue that MF writes about. Yes,I have been a die hard Seminole fan for 50 years or more. USF didn't have a team so why not? But as soon as the Bulls got a team they are clearly the #1 in my book and Seminoles are #2. And a distant #2 it is. I will root for the Noles for every other game but not when they play us. I don't understand those who still keep their old ties after becoming a USF alumnus. They are like the Yankee fans who show to root for the Rays but change allegiance when the Yankees come to town.

Things you grow up with are hard to toss aside.  My dad was from NYC and was NY Giants baseball fan. They moved to SF and he remained a fan. So I grew up as a SF Giants fan.  As much as I now like the Rays after moving down here my first love is the Giants.  Just the way it is.  Hard to toss 50 years of fandom because you move to a new city. So I understand the dual fan thing with kids growing up with their parents liking FSU, Gators, etc. but they attend USF.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

On 9/24/2016 at 7:11 AM, Bourbon Bull said:

Not sure what got into those 2 but in todays TBT they both have, IMO, very good articles.  MF's on the dual fanship of the area and JK's on the importance of today's game. 

Might be surprised what a few letters to the editor might do. As I told him, I've had a paper in my house everyday since I learned to read the Sunday morning comics in the '50's and that unless they stopped the put downs of USF at every opportunity, I, along with a lot of other USF fans, would NOT be renewing our subscriptions.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

On 9/24/2016 at 7:11 AM, Bourbon Bull said:

Not sure what got into those 2 but in todays TBT they both have, IMO, very good articles.  MF's on the dual fanship of the area and JK's on the importance of today's game. 

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Might be surprised what a few letters to the editor might do. As I told him, I've had a paper in my house everyday since I learned to read the Sunday morning comics in the '50's and that unless they stopped the put downs of USF at every opportunity, I, along with a lot of other USF fans, would NOT be renewing our subscriptions.

GO BULLS!

Not sure what got into those 2 but I can guarantee it had nothing to do with your letter to the editor. Columnists are there to evoke emotions/reactions, good and bad, and MF is a mfer at doing that.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Not sure what got into those 2 but I can guarantee it had nothing to do with your letter to the editor. Columnists are there to evoke emotions/reactions, good and bad, and MF is a mfer at doing that.

And the reaction is a loss of accounts. But, I appreciate your guarantee.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

6 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

And the reaction is a loss of accounts. But, I appreciate your guarantee.

No problem if that's how you feel, just saying that any editor worth his salt isn't going to tell one of his columnists to tone down something like that.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

GO BULLS!

Good job . Had the opportunity to see him and TJ on the sidelines. Gave them both a nice salute if you catch my drift.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

And they're back today...

Not ready for the big time, can't play in national spotlight, etc.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

And they're back today...

Not ready for the big time, can't play in national spotlight, etc.

Well, facts are facts.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

This isthe worst part about that game; perception! You know what every P5 team he's the benefit of doing? Playing P5 teams every week; so even the bad ones get a quality win here and there. How many teams can beat FSU in the nation? Do you go to every team that doesn't (Syracuse, Wake, BC) and tell them they aren't ready for the big time? It's ridiculous.... Georgia just got boat raced by A two loss Ole Miss team, are they not ready for the big time? How about UF? ND has been horrible and overrated; so had Lsu. But all articles will make some excuse about the gauntlet. 

Yes we got beat by a really good FSU team. Most other teams do too.

Just my two cents. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Ionbull said:

This isthe worst part about that game; perception! You know what every P5 team he's the benefit of doing? Playing P5 teams every week; so even the bad ones get a quality win here and there. How many teams can beat FSU in the nation? Do you go to every team that doesn't (Syracuse, Wake, BC) and tell them they aren't ready for the big time? It's ridiculous.... Georgia just got boat raced by A two loss Ole Miss team, are they not ready for the big time? How about UF? ND has been horrible and overrated; so had Lsu. But all articles will make some excuse about the gauntlet. 

Yes we got beat by a really good FSU team. Most other teams do too.

Just my two cents. 

Well, with that type of rational positivity you clearly have no future as a columnist at the TBT.