• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF has 12 points in USA Today Coaches Poll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Syracuse has let up a lot of passing and rushing yards. Our defense needs to step up a little more but if we come out playing we could put up big numbers again. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, E.T. said:

And some voters put teams that are not undefeated in their Top 25 , , , ?

I have always wondered how the writers and coaches could justify putting a team with a loss in the rankings, regardless of it being a good loss or not, at this point in the season. Point 1: They lost, there are 50+ other teams without a loss (don't fact check me!), no team with a loss should be in the rankings as long as there are 25 FBS teams without a loss. Wins and losses need to matter more regardless of competition. Point 2: How do we KNOW until the end of the year if it's a good loss or not? Ole Miss may lose 7 games this year...we don't know this early how good teams really are at this juncture. That's why I always really liked the BCS rankings. Yes, it's an algorhythm that can be manipulated by weighting, but ultimately the formulas seemed to work...not to mention they didn't come out until week 6 (7?), which allowed the teams to have a larger body of work. All rankings at this point in the season are beauty contests meant to get eyeballs on the the games. That being said, I want us to be ranked again!

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

We want our team ranked because it suggests we've got a good team.

My point is, if you win 9-10 games or more, by definition you've got a good team. The rankings should reflect that.

If we win our conference games we'll be fine.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

3 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Not sure why USF is not getting the respect they deserve. I'm shocked we are not in top 25

That's the way the world works.  If we get back in and not tank like days of old, we could be the next Houston. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

If we beat Cuse handily and then beat FSU i will bet they'll be around 13-17 in the rankings and we won't be higher than 20.

That is my beef with how the rankings work.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

And as to why it matters. Maybe it's selfish but I'm sure like most of you I work and interact with mostly FSU and UF fans. Our team being ranked goes a long way to get them to even acknowledge USF exists

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

34 minutes ago, FatDaddyBull said:

If we beat Cuse handily and then beat FSU i will bet they'll be around 13-17 in the rankings and we won't be higher than 20.

That is my beef with how the rankings work.

If we were to beat Cuse handily and then beat 2nd ranked FSU? I have no doubt USF would be ranked higher than FSU because (assuming Houston takes care of business) the story would then be about the emergence of the American Athletic Conference. In a sense, USF would borrow from some of Houston's cache. 

1 minute ago, keithroby said:

If we were to beat Cuse handily and then beat 2nd ranked FSU? I have no doubt USF would be ranked higher than FSU because (assuming Houston takes care of business) the story would then be about the emergence of the American Athletic Conference. In a sense, USF would borrow from some of Houston's cache. 

It may not hold true... but Joey Knight tweeted that if USF goes 3-0 we'd be a Top 25 team... and 4-0 and we'd be Top 10.

I think people are just waiting for USF to prove itself.  In 2007 - 2009, USF got the benefit of the doubt and then couldn't follow through.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

43 minutes ago, FatDaddyBull said:

And as to why it matters. Maybe it's selfish but I'm sure like most of you I work and interact with mostly FSU and UF fans. Our team being ranked goes a long way to get them to even acknowledge USF exists

I work with some UM and UF alumni they definitely  acknowledge USF and that the program is ascending up. 

USF football will still be viewed as second tier in state of Florida by some till we are ranked not for a portion of a season but many seasons.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

With all due respect, I doubt 2007-09 registers in the conscience of any 2016 voter.