• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF opens as 11 1/2 point favorite

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, JimUSFSig said:

Most of the sites listed on Oddshark now have USF as a 2 touchdown favorite (14 to 14.5 points).

Curious to see what happens with the Mack news breaking. Or if it'll even matter.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

3 hours ago, NIURak said:

The heat & humidity won't be a factor. Just our general suckiness :)

In all seriousness, the O looked horrible the entire game against Wyoming outside of two series. Our coach refuses to play our best RB (Huff). All Hare does is stare down Golladay every pass play. The best athlete on the team only touched the ball twice & the OL makes me want to puke. 

Defense didn't get any pressure, & secondary had about a billion penalties (lots of bad calls, but once you know the refs are going to call everything you have to back off)

Was hoping for a competitive game, just don't see it happening anymore. USF pulls away in the 2nd half & will cover. 

welcome to the board, and thanks for the civility.  We hope you run the table AFTER we beat you :-)

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

I think we will easily cover the spread here. Hopefully they sit Mack, get him 100% for Cuse. We should easily get it done with Tice/Johnson. Really looking forward to Syracuse. That win over them last year was one of the more satisfying in years. That was the turning point, and it started a great run.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

17 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Yeah, I would pick USF to even cover a 20 point spread. I'm not sure if these betters watch the same game I did, where Wyoming looked physically superior. I don't think that statement has ever been said in the history of football either. NIU had 12 penalties for 106 yards. That is a lot to correct in one week, and they got DESTROYED in the time of possession by over 10 minutes. Towson would probably beat them. This isn't Jordan Lynch's NIU team.

Agreed. I don't think that statement has EVER been made about Wyoming. It's also darn near impossible to recruit players up there. Wyoming's only claim to fame is **** Cheney and Yellow Stone. 

That said, I won't rule out NIU till I see them. It's a night game, which takes the worst of the heat out of the picture, plus Rod Carey has been at NIU a long time. He knows how to bounce back, and unless our team tackles properly we will have trouble against that offense. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Wyoming actually has some history (Gator Bowl, Sugar Bowl, etc.) albeit a long, long, time ago. Without looking at their roster I believe they do get some kids from Cali who were not considered applicable to the west coast blue bloods.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

17 hours ago, JupiterBull said:
20 hours ago, NIURak said:

In all seriousness, the O looked horrible the entire game against Wyoming outside of two series. Our coach refuses to play our best RB (Huff). All Hare does is stare down Golladay every pass play. The best athlete on the team only touched the ball twice & the OL makes me want to puke. 

Defense didn't get any pressure, & secondary had about a billion penalties (lots of bad calls, but once you know the refs are going to call everything you have to back off)

Was hoping for a competitive game, just don't see it happening anymore. USF pulls away in the 2nd half & will cover. 

welcome to the board, and thanks for the civility.  We hope you run the table AFTER we beat you :-)

Gotta love the anger posts. We've definitely had our share...

I do hope they shore some stuff up and give us a challenge in the first half, at least. We need to get our secondary ready for pass-heavy 'cuse.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm not too worried.  I heard somewhere that teams show the most improvement between the first and second games, so I have a feeling our Bulls will do a great job.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm not too worried.  I heard somewhere that teams show the most improvement between the first and second games, so I have a feeling our Bulls will do a great job.  

That cuts both ways.  I found some detailed analysis of that here.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

21 hours ago, NIURak said:

Ha! I recognize the old reverse psychology trick when I see it!!