• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Total Number of attendance Saturday... what do you guys think?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Azmodi said:

Sorry you misunderstood. During the game in which this occurred, The camera shots showed that some the sections were more then half empty. Even the announcers were talking about, "How can you tell who left when". "Some of those rows were empty before the crowd started to exit." Saban mentioned only the students leaving early whom got free tickets. He didn't mention the empty seats but, he did say something about half empty stadiums. Again, it was the announcers who mentioned the empty portions of the stadium. They commented about it several times before the half and after. They said something to the effect of maybe they're late arrivals.

The only reason I know is, my boss and his boss are Alabama fans. I tend to change the channel when USF isn't playing. :GoBulls:

Gotcha....

But I still think it's silly we state two numbers.  Miami has bad attendance just like us and they never state it.  They will say 44,000 when there are clearly 44 people at the game.  Attendance is a tickets sold thing... I mean you don't want drastic differentials every game, but a lot of what happens to us is people with tickets end up hanging out at the tailgates getting drunk.  They'll venture in when the game gets good... sometimes...  but I've been guilty of it.  I have friends who are season ticket holders who rarely go in, they support through tickets sales and tailgates.  Bizarre but we are a strange fan base.  I think attendance will be good this season because we are good.  Last season fans were waiting for us to mess up.  With all the talk surrounding whether Taggart would even be the coach didn't help ticket sales.  All the students knew was the football team sucked because they had never even seen a .500 football team.  But I get the feeling this year they'll be more students at the game.  I think more people in general, I think people were literally apprehensive in supporting the team because we've sucked for a while. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

I know there will be at least 2 there. My 6 year old is seeing his first Bulls game.

Probably one of the most important "new" fans.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

Probably one of the most important "new" fans.

GO BULLS!

He's an old pro at anything on campus between my wife and I working there, baseball, soccer, and football practices, but this will be his first time in the stadium for anything other than Monster Jam.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

11 hours ago, Calibull said:

But I still think it's silly we state two numbers.  

"WE" do not state two numbers. The university provides tickets disbursed (which includes sold and comped). The beat writers for USF request the butts in seats numbers from the stadium authority and publishes that also. Apparently the U of M beat writers don't ask or don't care about the butts in seats. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, SANJAY said:

"WE" do not state two numbers. The university provides tickets disbursed (which includes sold and comped). The beat writers for USF request the butts in seats numbers from the stadium authority and publishes that also. Apparently the U of M beat writers don't ask or don't care about the butts in seats. 

There is only one beat writer in the entire ******* country who cares...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

12 hours ago, Calibull said:

Gotcha....

But I still think it's silly we state two numbers.  Miami has bad attendance just like us and they never state it.  They will say 44,000 when there are clearly 44 people at the game.  Attendance is a tickets sold thing... I mean you don't want drastic differentials every game, but a lot of what happens to us is people with tickets end up hanging out at the tailgates getting drunk.  They'll venture in when the game gets good... sometimes...  but I've been guilty of it.  I have friends who are season ticket holders who rarely go in, they support through tickets sales and tailgates.  Bizarre but we are a strange fan base.  I think attendance will be good this season because we are good.  Last season fans were waiting for us to mess up.  With all the talk surrounding whether Taggart would even be the coach didn't help ticket sales.  All the students knew was the football team sucked because they had never even seen a .500 football team.  But I get the feeling this year they'll be more students at the game.  I think more people in general, I think people were literally apprehensive in supporting the team because we've sucked for a while. 

I'm right there with you. It's just dumb and isn't necessary.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, Calibull said:

Gotcha....

I hope the students come back.  When I was there in 2009-2011 there was a solid presence in the student section.  2012-2014 everybody just stopped caring.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, ptimario1 said:

i took a 7 year hiatus but now a proud owner of 5 new season tickets. I'll have 3 mini bulls with me who bleed green and gold. Even the 2 year old throws up the horns and absolutely loves Rocky. We all can't wait till Saturday!

This is great!! Welcome to the board...