• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First Four Scouting: FSU Watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

20 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

I was wondering who's throwing passes over there nowadays and came across this.

http://campusinsiders.com/news/florida-state-quarterback-battle-06-13-2016

Their QB situation does not scare me. I'd love to see Francois get the start against us. 4-2-5 is not something you see all the time as a QB in the ACC.

If Francois starts, the inexperience part would certainly be in our favor, but from what I understand, the kid has wheels. Maguire is more of a pocket guy.  If we can get a pass rush, I'd prefer it being Maguire back there.  

Francois was the #1 dual threat QB in the class of 2015.  Under Jimbo Fisher, he is potentially a star in the making.  I think I'd rather have Maguire, whom we have more film on as of right now.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Francois was the #1 dual threat QB in the class of 2015.  Under Jimbo Fisher, he is potentially a star in the making.  I think I'd rather have Maguire, whom we have more film on as of right now.  

I'm on the fence. Practicing against a good dual-threat every day, I think our D would be able to survive if they go with Francois. Guess it depends on how strong our line vs secondary units are. I'd hate to see a pocket guy pick us apart all day when we dedicate to stopping Cook.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Everyone remember when they brought in EJ Manuel in 2009... I know we have a different defense now, but, his supposed "wheels" were not able to outrun our guys. I am not worried about the dual threat, need to create some turnovers and make them 1-dimensional. I'd rather have the inexperienced guy that they may not be as willing to let off the leash early in the season.

I don't care who they have at QB, we have to make him beat us, game plan has to focus on Cook and go from there. I think our offense is night and day ahead of where we were last year as well.

Just now, Orlando Bull said:

Everyone remember when they brought in EJ Manuel in 2009... I know we have a different defense now, but, his supposed "wheels" were not able to outrun our guys. I am not worried about the dual threat, need to create some turnovers and make them 1-dimensional. I'd rather have the inexperienced guy that they may not be as willing to let off the leash early in the season.

I don't care who they have at QB, we have to make him beat us, game plan has to focus on Cook and go from there. I think our offense is night and day ahead of where we were last year as well.

You and raptor make some good points about our guys being able to handle dual threats, and I fully agree stopping Cook has to be job #1. 

On paper, this is probably the best team we've fielded against an FSU team, even counting the 2009 team.  I think we have a pretty good shot to win this game if our defense can contain Cook.  Not saying we will win, but I anticipate it being a close one.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

On paper, this is probably the best team we've fielded against an FSU team, even counting the 2009 team.

Maybe offensively but you need to go back and check the paper on that 2009 defense ...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Triple B said:

Maybe offensively but you need to go back and check the paper on that 2009 defense ...

Yeah, there were some NFL studs on that defense.  Wish we could combine that year's defense and this years offense.  And no need to check the paper, I was at that game.  

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Yeah, there were some NFL studs on that defense.  Wish we could combine that year's defense and this years offense.  And no need to check the paper, I was at that game.  

Mind blowing ...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Mind blowing ...

Are we still not doing phrasing?

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

2009 defense was nasty. I'm not convinced the 2015 offense was real, yet.