• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

First Four Scouting: FSU Watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Speaking of 2009, I will always wonder what might have been (that season and beyond) if Grothe hadn't gotten hurt. Daniels did just fine filling in, but, MG had been through it all and was poised to make history. That defense was nasty and I think we would have been nearly unstoppable with Grothe leading the offense... Beyond that, Leavitt probably isn't on edge by the time the UL game rolls around, no one gets slapped, etc., etc, etc... Who knows where we would be today. Oh well, such is life.

As for this year's game, I think our offense is special as long as the O line plays similar to the level they were last year. Mack is a special talent and Flowers has all of the tools to just annoy the crap out of defenses. He's not going to make NFL type tight-window throws, but, he'll do enough with his legs to keep everyone guessing and find guys streaking down the field wide open several times per game. He's also pretty good at those throws. How many more TDs would he have had last year if not for drops on deep balls? I'd say at least 4 maybe? That Maryland game could have gone the other way if our guys catch the ball.

Looking forward to the season. If we can stop Cook and make the QB keep drives alive for FSU, I like our chances. We'll control the clock just fine. The world will tune in to watch Dalvin Cook, but, hopefully Mack puts on a show of his own.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/7/2016 at 3:44 PM, Triple B said:

Does it really matter who's handing the ball off?

That's what I was going to say.

Hell, as long as it wasn't Eveld taking snaps most should be able to feed Cook the pill 30+ times.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

If we protect the ball and score points, it should be fun to see the outcome.

You don't shut Cook down. He still goes for 100+ and two tds but take care of everything else and I say we have a chance to sneak one out.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

07 defense or 09s defense which would u rather have?

Edited by Thebullsfan

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

12 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

07 defense or 09s defense which would u rather have?

2009 easily.  We had JPP, Selvie, Kion Wilson, Sam Barrington, Nate Allen, Jon Lejiste, etc.  I do think that's the best overall defense we ever had.  

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

2009 easily.  We had JPP, Selvie, Kion Wilson, Sam Barrington, Nate Allen, Jon Lejiste, etc.  I do think that's the best overall defense we ever had.  

Absolutely!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

53 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Yes... but, our corners struggled that year if I recall. We were also better at LB in 2007 I think with Moffitt and McKenzie. Still had Selvie, and that was the year that he was a one-man wrecking ball, possibly aided by Williams and Jenks (and Allen) on the back end. I actually take the 2007 defense as a whole I think.

In 2009, JPP and Selvie combined for 26 tfl and 10 sacks. In 2007, Selvie had 31.5 tfl and 14.5 sacks alone. Harris in 2007 (9.5/5.5) was better than Selvie in 2009 (9.5/3.5). Team had 23 picks in 2007 vs only 13 in 2009...

No contest, give me the 2007 defense.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

Yes... but, our corners struggled that year if I recall. We were also better at LB in 2007 I think with Moffitt and McKenzie. Still had Selvie, and that was the year that he was a one-man wrecking ball, possibly aided by Williams and Jenks (and Allen) on the back end. I actually take the 2007 defense as a whole I think.

In 2009, JPP and Selvie combined for 26 tfl and 10 sacks. In 2007, Selvie had 31.5 tfl and 14.5 sacks alone. Harris in 2007 (9.5/5.5) was better than Selvie in 2009 (9.5/3.5). Team had 23 picks in 2007 vs only 13 in 2009...

No contest, give me the 2007 defense.

Bingo! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Against FSU I think I'd take 2007 D. For most of the rest of the schedule (except maybe Temple & Navy), I'd take 2009. Hey, if we're picking & choosing...:)

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

I'll take '16... GO BULLS!

• Upvote 2