• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First Four Scouting: FSU Watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:20 AM, TromBull12 said:

I don't want a beat up banged up FSU team riddled with excuses to beat. I want our Bulls to beat them at their best. We have the athletes and the game plan, we just don't have the pedigree. 

I'll take the win, any way I can get it. Injuries are a part of the game, and FSU should be crazy stacked with players to replace ones that go down.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

On 8/14/2016 at 6:20 AM, TromBull12 said:

I don't want a beat up banged up FSU team riddled with excuses to beat. I want our Bulls to beat them at their best. We have the athletes and the game plan, we just don't have the pedigree. 

People keep referring to our past while we're in the process of rewriting our future and overshadowing our past. Know that the best is yet to come!

It would be hard to use that excuse because most of the FSU fans I know want Francois as the starter anyway.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

17 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

FSU fans didn't want Maguire starting anyway.  Looks like they'll roll with Francois.  Kid could be dangerous.  It's going to be a great game.  

The more I think about it, the better I am with this anyway. Our D practices against a strong back and a running QB. They should be prepared.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

42 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I'll take the win, any way I can get it. Injuries are a part of the game, and FSU should be crazy stacked with players to replace ones that go down.

If Ohio State can win the National Championship with their third string quarterback, FSU can't use the excuse of their backup quarterback being the reason they lost to a non power 5 team. That would make them look worse if anything.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2,323
  • Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

I am sure going into this game both teams will have issues they did not expect or want. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  96,969
  • Days Won:  469

FSU Football 2016 Preseason Preview: Game 4 at USF

by Jason Parker

Here is a look at how the 2016 season will play out for FSU football with our game preview and prediction.

As we get closer and closer to the 2016 season kicking off in the world of college football, FSU football is preparing for their spot as one of the teams that will compete for a spot in the College Football Playoff when the regular season is over.

The Seminoles will have their work cut out for them, with eight games against teams that went to bowl games in 2015 (including six of their first eight opponents) as well as one team that made a run in the FCS playoffs last season.

Game Four – at South Florida (September 24th)

Series Record: Florida State leads 2-1

For the second time in the history of this series, FSU football will head down to Tampa for what should be another very pro-Seminoles crowd in the state of Florida (nothing personal, Bulls fans…just stating the truth). It will be the fourth straight team against a team that went to the playoffs in their classification, with this game being against a Bulls team that would love a quality win to propel them to a conference title and New Years Six bowl.

South Florida is not a team that is flashy or will “wow” you with their roster, but they are a solid group of playmakers that can hang with any team in the country (as they were tied with the Seminoles at the half last season).

It starts on offense with their duo of quarterback Quentin Flowers and running back Marlon Mack, who should ....

Rest of story

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

That's a fair assessment.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Watching the FSU spring game right now and Francois seems very jittery.  We have to watch out for his feet though. If we can rattle him I truly think we have a legitimate shot at this game. QF looks much more poised. 

Edited by OcalaBull2

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

not flashy... he obviously never seen USF... I think our gold helmets are very flashy. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Honestly that's a very fair assessment from the outside looking in. FSU should have the better talent top to bottom, especially in depth.

But one thing that rarely gets mentioned is QF as a dual-threat. That DL isnt going to be able to pin their ears back and rush the passer in a traditional sense, maybe even forcing Derwin to spy as opposed to being a wild card. USF has to take advantage and have the game plan of their lives to make an upset happen; but one thing Jimbo is great at is making adjustments at the half. Even if the game is tied or USF is up, he will study what he saw and find ways around it.

Looking forward to that ole miss game, we will learn a lot about Frenchy in that game.