• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics strategic plan to be unveiled

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

7 hours ago, Raetus said:

Right now, donations to a university that I didn't go to and don't actively follow are beating out USF for my support, which is what I find to be sad.

:facepalm:

50286816.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

A general Bulls Club scholarship fund gift helps the education of over 470 student athletes and is charitable.

I'm a staunch believer that an American university degree has inflated to a price where it greatly exceeds its worth. How much is a credit hour nowadays? Drop the price of attendance, lower the administrative salaries and there will be plenty of TV, sales and licensing money to pay for student athletes tuition. It's not a USF problem on this one; it's widespread.

In no way is that charity to me. The current price of a public university is insane. I'll stick to buying computers for underprivileged or marginalized kids who want to learn programming and music instruments for those interesting in the arts. That's just me, though. It's great that someone is contributing to their tuition, but in my mind, there's no reason that anyone should have to in the first place.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

40 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

50286816.jpg

It's unfortunate but true. :(

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Raetus said:

I'm a staunch believer that an American university degree has inflated to a price where it greatly exceeds its worth.

Last time the numbers came across my desk at HCC, a college degree is worth about $800,000 more than a high school diploma in lifetime earnings. 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

6 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Way off the strategic plan topic, but what if people just gave without any expectation of getting something back? 

My donations to USF come with a charitable mentality.  I expect nothing in return.

Go Bulls!

I use this approach as well as it prevents stress and allows me to be content. I learned to stop worrying about results on the field when thinking about student athletes because let's face it, 99 percent of these kids are going pro in something other than sports. 

Remember guys-every donation you make is helping a student athlete get a scholarship, avoid student loans, and showing that you care about education of kids, many of whom may not have had a chance to get a great education without an athletic scholarship. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

11 hours ago, Raetus said:

Right now, donations to a university that I didn't go to and don't actively follow are beating out USF for my support, which is what I find to be sad.

4 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

3 hours ago, Raetus said:

It's unfortunate but true. :(

I think a lot of us would agree that it is definitely sad, but most for a different reason than you probably do ... :(

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Wasn't one of Harlan's strengths in fundraising? that is one of the reasons we brought him to the university correct? I think just like in our sports teams he is getting the pieces together. Years 1 and 2 average can be tolerated, years 3 and 4 I expect to see some significant turn around and improvement.

The communication through email has been constant but I was disappointed to not have received any mail (including renewal information) because my address had not been updated for 2 years despite repeatedly giving them the information to do so. Small cracks like these present an opportunity for fans to get missed and left out. Thankfully the phone/email was on top of it and we got it straightened out. 

I will Say things like USF's involvement in the Gasparilla event and building the playground that was in the news do well to connect with Tampa Bay. That presence needs to keep increasing if we want to be Tampa's Team (and win football).