• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

9 hours ago, USF_Bullwinkle said:

Your comprehension skills are terrible. I can see you crying on your keyboard every time anyone has any criticism towards the Bulls. You probably throw tantrums over everything in the real world like you do on here.

I have no problem at all with intelligent, well thought out criticism, grounded in reality .... Understand now why I do have a problem with yours?

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, USF_Bullwinkle said:

You don't sound like anything you are saying. 1) I speak the truth and you can't handle the truth and 2) you have to resort to labels since you can't back it up. As a bonus note, you have been here for nearly 7 years and only know 2 people? One is probably this account and the other your alt account. Nice try troll. Your pic says it all.

If you want to lose more credibility,  keep referring to GaUSFBull as a troll. 

As for your weak attack on CWT, I think it is funny how often the haters have moved the goalposts this season.   "We have to have a winning season....I meant, we haven't beaten anyone decent...I meant, we have to get to a bowl game.... i meant,  we have to win a bowl.  See! We can't even win our bowl game!" - shouted the chorus from under the bridge.  

For the record,  we lost our first bowl game under CJL.  The atmosphere can be distracting if you've never been (Eben if you have been - see the Sun Bowl). 

I've had time to reflect on that game and I've concluded that it was a tough match up.  They were senior laden conference champions who had been pretty consistent all year and experience attending and winning bowl games.   To a certain degree,  our guys were probably surprised to be there.   I know I was. 

Edited by mark_my_words
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

My goal for the Bulls last year was actually it to a bowl game. Mission accomplished. I didn't like the way we played, but WKU won that game fair and square. This season, it's reasonable to anticipate that we'd be in the hunt for that AAC championship. We need to win our conference.

I don't agree with the abrasiveness of Bullwinkle, but I do agree with him in noting that we have a pretty complacent fan base. Several years of bad football can do that. If we keep trending in the right direction, I hope a lot of fans come back into the Green and Gold mix.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

My goal for the Bulls last year was actually it to a bowl game. Mission accomplished. I didn't like the way we played, but WKU won that game fair and square. This season, it's reasonable to anticipate that we'd be in the hunt for that AAC championship. We need to win our conference.

I don't agree with the abrasiveness of Bullwinkle, but I do agree with him in noting that we have a pretty complacent fan base. Several years of bad football can do that. If we keep trending in the right direction, I hope a lot of fans come back into the Green and Gold mix.

I would say while the ultimate goal will always be winning a national championship  (#wewereonceranked2nd), you obviously have to start somewhere. The goal post shift as the teams situation does. CSH left this team in shambles IMO. We were one game shy of going to the AAC championship game last year which must have been bitter sweet. We were back in a bowl game after over half a decade but I am sure WKU didn't get the juice flowing like a P5 school would have. Even still I thought QF came out flat/ inaccurate passing in the bowl game, the O regressed a bit back to a 1-D scheme until it was to late, which was a theme last season and will not be enough to beat good teams. But we are just getting our legs back learning how to win again, QF and the O has demonstrated great promise, the D is getting nasty again, CWT is learning on the job for sure but he doesn't seem to put up with mediocrity which I complained about even w/CJL and keeping bad coaches. 

Did I criticize a bit above yes, some don't like it, it doesn't mean you are trolling in the same way realizing progress doesn't mean you are being complacent. You just have to realize where you are to get where you are going. Wanting to do better is necessary just like criticising in order to improve is.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

If you want to lose more credibility,  keep referring to GaUSFBull as a troll. 

As for your weak attack on CWT, I think it is funny how often the haters have moved the goalposts this season.   "We have to have a winning season....I meant, we haven't beaten anyone decent...I meant, we have to get to a bowl game.... i meant,  we have to win a bowl.  See! We can't even win our bowl game!" - shouted the chorus from under the bridge.  

For the record,  we lost our first bowl game under CJL.  The atmosphere can be distracting if you've never been (Eben if you have been - see the Sun Bowl). 

I've had time to reflect on that game and I've concluded that it was a tough match up.  They were senior laden conference champions who had been pretty consistent all year and experience attending and winning bowl games.   To a certain degree,  our guys were probably surprised to be there.   I know I was. 

WKU also ended the year #11 in S&P+ for what it's worth. They were a really good team with an up and coming coach and NFL prospect at QB. No excuses of course, but anyone saying "losing to a good WKU team in a bowl game is a failure of a season" is a stretch.

Edited by Ionbull

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

WKU also ended the year #11 in S&P+ for what it's worth. They were a really good team with an up and coming coach and NFL prospect at QB. No excuses of course, but anyone saying "losing to a good WKU team in a bowl game is a failure of a season" is a stretch.

WKU was a good team and good measuring stick for the Bulls at the end of the season. It could serve as a good lesson and spring board for this season. Come out strong and finish strong! Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

And before the fall from grace we had an entitled fan base.  Why wouldn't we I guess because things seemed to get better every year for us.

The last few years is part of a maturing process.  What I did learn is even though going to the games was torture, we do have a decent size kernel of hardcore fans I would commiserate with in the stands with every week.

The reason we don't have more fans is the school has only been around since 1956 and football for what 20ish?  That is not an excuse but before 1997 our alumni had to choose a college team to root for who's colors were not green and gold.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I don't see a lot of complacent fans. I'm with markmywords, I think it was a matter of having a load of entitled fans that thought we were world-beaters, who bailed when they realized we were still building a program that took a step back with leadership changes. I think we all grew some humility from it, so that seeing a (hopefully) resurgent football program has us excited about the future again, but this time with more realistic expectations. If that's complacency, then yeah, I guess I am. But I expect continued growth.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

5 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

You actually agree with this statement??

22 hours ago, USF_Bullwinkle said:

It's because coach T keeps going through these useless gimmicks over and over and the fans are becoming complacent with dismal results.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Ok, I posted this as an outside assessment by an amateur outsider. Might be a more real assessment than our biased view or totally off base. What trainwreck it's become. You guys need a Xanax. 

• Upvote 1