• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Power Football Rankings 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

2018 schedule isn't much better... We could really use some better games in next 2-3 years.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

46 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Meh. Computers are always going to hate us. We play Towson, NIU, Northern Illinois, Syracuse, and AAC.

Side note: I forgot how ugly our 2017 schedule is. My family is from Illinois and I'm not even jazzed about Lovie's year 2 team.

Playing NIU and Northern Illinois in the same season should get us some street cred.

Not as much cred as playing FSU and NIU or FSU and Northern Illinois.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 hours ago, SANJAY said:

Playing NIU and Northern Illinois in the same season should get us some street cred.

Not as much cred as playing FSU and NIU or FSU and Northern Illinois.

Certainly better than if we played in the AAC and not the American.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, SANJAY said:

Not as much cred as playing FSU and NIU or Florida State and Northern Illinois.

FIFY...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I worry about the game of chess without Tom Allen. Some good moves were made in adjustment and game planning last year which weren't possible in years past. I hope our new coordinator soaked up all the knowledge he could get while Allen was here! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

I worry about the game of chess without Tom Allen. Some good moves were made in adjustment and game planning last year which weren't possible in years past. I hope our new coordinator soaked up all the knowledge he could get while Allen was here! 

I dont know that Woodie has the same chess skill that Tom Allen did but I can hoping that Jancek (ex Tennessee DC) who we brought in to be DB coach can contribute where Woodie may be lacking

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

12 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

You might have a point, but even last year I felt like our 2nd half performance was a little lacking even during the win streak. We did fine against ECU, but both Temple and Cincy staged mini-rallies in the 3rd quarter after getting blasted in the first half. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

You might have a point, but even last year I felt like our 2nd half performance was a little lacking even during the win streak. We did fine against ECU, but both Temple and Cincy staged mini-rallies in the 3rd quarter after getting blasted in the first half. 

I think that's when the adjustments were made. They made their half-time adjustments, we adjusted to them...

My only concern was vs the option. I didn't see a lot of adjustments from the get go in that game.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

11 minutes ago, BULLZ said:

I dont know that Woodie has the same chess skill that Tom Allen did but I can hoping that Jancek (ex Tennessee DC) who we brought in to be DB coach can contribute where Woodie may be lacking

I am in the camp that thinks that Allen set the right tone for the defense and got them fired up but was a so so chess player. 

I think we will be fine, especially with Jancek (sp) we will be fine.