• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am becoming concerned

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

tumblr_nc6otsLcfx1rffd22o1_500.gif

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

tumblr_mt44ltFzQN1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

They will most likely just increase the student athletics fee to make up any budget shortcomings. You will also see a stop to new facilities and improvements. We definitely will be in trouble if we can't find a way to get into a better place financially (either in a new conference or in our current one). 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, NAM37 said:

Maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't see how it matters.

Now admittedly I'm not donating super-huge sums of money every year, but does it really matter who the ticket reps are?  I understand that the corporate and huge personal donors need to get extra treatment, but for the rest of us... I don't get it.

It was the relationships that we had with the Bulls Club people that led us to increase our donation level.  And the cool part was they never asked.  But just seeing them around, going to lunch with them and getting to think of them as friends pushed us to do it.  We know that donations are ultimately for the student athletes, but we were inspired to increase because of the people.  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

32 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

It was the relationships that we had with the Bulls Club people that led us to increase our donation level.  And the cool part was they never asked.  But just seeing them around, going to lunch with them and getting to think of them as friends pushed us to do it.  We know that donations are ultimately for the student athletes, but we were inspired to increase because of the people.

I respect what you do to donate to USF, Cousin Ricky. When I have the economic capacity to donate more, I'm going to do it for the love my alma mater, regardless of who the Bulls Club person is. The reps they have are doing a fantastic job of reaching out to folks. I know I've spoken to Ryan Schulman, who I believe to be Eric's successor, on a few occasions. Folks will move on to better positions elsewhere, but my alma mater will remain the same. I agree with Ned A. Starr's earlier posting--for those of us that are graduates, there's no better motivator than love for the alma mater.

2 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I respect what you do to donate to USF, Cousin Ricky. When I have the economic capacity to donate more, I'm going to do it for the love my alma mater, regardless of who the Bulls Club person is. The reps they have are doing a fantastic job of reaching out to folks. I know I've spoken to Ryan Schulman, who I believe to be Eric's successor, on a few occasions. Folks will move on to better positions elsewhere, but my alma mater will remain the same. I agree with Ned A. Starr's earlier posting--for those of us that are graduates, there's no better motivator than love for the alma mater.

I guess not being a graduate we come at it from a different perspective

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 minute ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I guess not being a graduate we come at it from a different perspective

I get that, and respect your desire to contribute and donate even more. We have a very sizeable Iron Bull contingent that hasn't graduated from USF. The folks that are in their current fundraising positions seem to be doing a fantastic outreach job, from my perspective.

11 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I get that, and respect your desire to contribute and donate even more. We have a very sizeable Iron Bull contingent that hasn't graduated from USF. The folks that are in their current fundraising positions seem to be doing a fantastic outreach job, from my perspective.

Who is left?  Brian, Lelo, Mark Ketterer, Dylan, Cary and a couple of GAs (Ceasar and Sam).  I like them all but the first 4 are the only fund raisers as far as I know.  They are stretched thin.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

29 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Who is left?  Brian, Lelo, Mark Ketterer, Dylan, Cary and a couple of GAs (Ceasar and Sam).  I like them all but the first 4 are the only fund raisers as far as I know.  They are stretched thin.  

Did John leave??

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

44 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Did John leave??

I guess so

• Upvote 2