• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am becoming concerned

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Did John leave??

Sorry John.  No, keep forgetting John is back in the fold.  Zach's name is missing.  John can answer better than I but I don't think his principal job is fund raising.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

18 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Sorry John.  No, keep forgetting John is back in the fold.  Zach's name is missing.  John can answer better than I but I don't think his principal job is fund raising.

I will certainly be fund raising. Renewals are primary focus right now, but I have been fund raising during the renewal period.

3 hours ago, John Lewis said:

I will certainly be fund raising. Renewals are primary focus right now, but I have been fund raising during the renewal period.

Good to know.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i met joe tomato in 1975 

what a great guy

i love him

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Anyone that doesn't think some kind of relationship is important, especially when you get into that 2k - 10K range for regular joes, you're wrong.  My relationship with some of the great people there like Vicki and Eric, led me to do as much as I could above and beyond making a donation.  I must admit, it's my alma mater but I do a lot less now.  I am significantly less engaged than I was before.  I wouldn't have thought about it with Eric and Vicki.  You felt you were part of something other than a cash machine...but that was the early days.  If it's just about dropping a few grand because it's the alma mater, they'll be people that do that.   But there will people willing to do much more if they feel they're not just another number.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I have question.  Is this unusual or do most other schools have the same issue?  I would imagine that these are not, "this is my job til I retire" type positions.  So, turnover would not be uncommon.

The other question would be, did they leave for better positions or did they leave because they hated where they were at?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

I have question.  Is this unusual or do most other schools have the same issue?  I would imagine that these are not, "this is my job til I retire" type positions.  So, turnover would not be uncommon.

The other question would be, did they leave for better positions or did they leave because they hated where they were at?

I would think that first, each case would be an individual decision. Second, when there's a change at the top, you would have to expect changes down thru the ranks. Maybe some of the changes are differences in philosophy, or maybe the work environment, practices, and demands have changed. 

Take coaching as an example. I only hope that the changes are for the better in the long run. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing that until we can look back on the changes.

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

17 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I would think that first, each case would be an individual decision. Second, when there's a change at the top, you would have to expect changes down thru the ranks. Maybe some of the changes are differences in philosophy, or maybe the work environment, practices, and demands have changed. 

Take coaching as an example. I only hope that the changes are for the better in the long run. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing that until we can look back on the changes.

Some were for other opportunities but some were forced out.  I'll leave it at that before I get myself in trouble.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

18 hours ago, smazza said:

i met joe tomato in 1975

Charlie Cucumber's brother?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

8 hours ago, Brad said:

If it's just about dropping a few grand because it's the alma mater, they'll be people that do that.

Another, possibly even bigger problem, is there aren't near enough even doing that. 

• Upvote 1