• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers ranked #19 2016 starting quarterback by Athlon sports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I am perfectly happy with the who is better argument compared to the who is less worse we were having last year. Let's see what happens with these guys in the spring. Until fall none of it matters. If anything I hope they drive each other to become better. It is nice knowing we are not 1 injury away from disaster. This is how our QB's should be. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390
  • Days Won:  0

Last  year he was like 120th or something

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am happy that we have the quality of players to be able to argue that one is better than the other. 

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
4 hours ago, Calibull said:

Flowers has got nothing but hate from a lot of fans here and has done nothing but made you guys eat your words.  Not only did he break most of the QB single season records last season, those of guys you'll love to speak of nicely now, but he led us to one of our best seasons in 10 years.  He literally won the Uconn and SMU games.  He doesn't throw a lot of ints and he was six or eight yards short of passing for 2000 and rushing for 1000 (I think he finished with 994 or 992). The offense broke a school scoring record and he broke records for QB rushing, QB rushing TDs, QB rushing yards in a game, and passing TDs in a season.  The only thing any of you about Woulard is he threw spirals in practice.  Well he did that at UCLA and they gave up on him.  I hate to burst some bubbles here but I've seen Woulard since he got UCLA... he's not that good.  He's a poor decision maker and he even before Rosen he was falling back.  He came to USF because he thought he could start and be close to home because at the time we didn't have a QB.  Flowers is the guy, Woulard is not the same kind of dynamic player and he has heavy feet.  He's not a good runner at all.  

But what's cool is that others around the nation are see the potential of our QB... and our fans do what they always do.. root for the backup and trash the starter. smh

BOOOOOOOOOOOM! Slow clap for you. This board makes me laugh. Kid made all these haters eat their worlds and they still don't appreciate him.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472

Bad arm bad footwork great athlete and seems like a good kid . I'm hoping for the best.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, gullibull said:

Bad arm bad footwork great athlete and seems like a good kid . I'm hoping for the best.

Everyone's entitled to speak their mind, so okay. Don't see "bad" in anything he did last season in my mind, though. He still has work to do but I think he stomped all over the notion that he can't pass the ball. Footwork? I don't get that one at all, unless you're a purist drop-back analyst. That's not his game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

BJ Daniels was the best QB we've had play at USF. I have Marquel Blackwell behind him just barely nudging Grothe out. If anyone disagrees with that analysis, the NFL scouts have rightfully given opportunities to two of the three best QB's to play at USF. I can't see Flowers ever getting a sniff at QB in the NFL - although he could make the switch like a certain QB at Ohio State and have better results. Either way, if he does great this year for us, I'm for USF. If he doesn't perform, AW will be waiting in the wings to get his opportunity (if he doesn't grab it from Flowers prior to the first game).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, The Sheriff said:

BJ Daniels was the best QB we've had play at USF. I have Marquel Blackwell behind him just barely nudging Grothe out. If anyone disagrees with that analysis, the NFL scouts have rightfully given opportunities to two of the three best QB's to play at USF. I can't see Flowers ever getting a sniff at QB in the NFL - although he could make the switch like a certain QB at Ohio State and have better results. Either way, if he does great this year for us, I'm for USF. If he doesn't perform, AW will be waiting in the wings to get his opportunity (if he doesn't grab it from Flowers prior to the first game).

Who cares about the NFL?  Look at Tim Tebow, everyone said his mechanics were terrible and he couldn't play in the NFL, but he sure as **** was a great college QB.  We sucked so bad before Flowers took over, yet people complain.  If somehow AW wins out and gets the starting job I'm fine with that too.  It just means our supermodel now has D cups instead of C cups.  We're in great shape either way.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472

As I said I'm hoping for the best, to be honest I'm not sure we have a viable second option since I haven't seen the other QBs play.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

7 hours ago, Calibull said:

Flowers has got nothing but hate from a lot of fans here and has done nothing but made you guys eat your words.  Not only did he break most of the QB single season records last season, those of guys you'll love to speak of nicely now, but he led us to one of our best seasons in 10 years.  He literally won the Uconn and SMU games.  He doesn't throw a lot of ints and he was six or eight yards short of passing for 2000 and rushing for 1000 (I think he finished with 994 or 992). The offense broke a school scoring record and he broke records for QB rushing, QB rushing TDs, QB rushing yards in a game, and passing TDs in a season.  The only thing any of you about Woulard is he threw spirals in practice.  Well he did that at UCLA and they gave up on him.  I hate to burst some bubbles here but I've seen Woulard since he got UCLA... he's not that good.  He's a poor decision maker and he even before Rosen he was falling back.  He came to USF because he thought he could start and be close to home because at the time we didn't have a QB.  Flowers is the guy, Woulard is not the same kind of dynamic player and he has heavy feet.  He's not a good runner at all.  

But what's cool is that others around the nation are see the potential of our QB... and our fans do what they always do.. root for the backup and trash the starter. smh

This hyperbole is ANNOYING.  No one here hates or "hates on" Flowers.  He's an awesome kid w/a huge heart who has overcome more than many of us ever will.  He earned the starting role and made impressive improvements.  But...there are holes in his game, clearly.  He can throw a great pass, but often throws horrible ones.

He is one of the main reasons we finished 8-5, and he'll likely keep improving.  Being critical of his game doesn't equal hate. Its being a fan, hoping all players peak & we win.  And talking about the good & the bad.  Geesh.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1