• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I walk up to the PubSub pickup station like

pimp-kramer-o.gif

Waiting in line is for chumps

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

12 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yessir. Just about every publix I go to has the option. Check the publix Web site, homie 

I'm preeeeeeeety sure you still have to wait in line at the register to pay - you can't pay online.  THAT's the part they need to fix if they want to dominate.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

32 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm preeeeeeeety sure you still have to wait in line at the register to pay - you can't pay online.  THAT's the part they need to fix if they want to dominate.  

Your Publix doesn't have self service checkout? Paying online would be awesome but it's almost as simple now ...

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Your Publix doesn't have self service checkout? Paying online would be awesome but it's almost as simple now ...

Nope, neither the Publix I walk to from my office nor my home Publix have self-checkout.  Kinda drives me crazy sometimes, especially when it's busy.  Some Publix purists I know were totally against the self-checkout stations when they first came out.  Said George Jenkins never would have okayed that.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Nope, neither the Publix I walk to from my office nor my home Publix have self-checkout.  Kinda drives me crazy sometimes, especially when it's busy.  Some Publix purists I know were totally against the self-checkout stations when they first came out.  Said George Jenkins never would have okayed that.  

That is a bummer. I understand the purists' sentiment about being against them but it's one of the few customer oriented things that they have to adapt to. I know there are some stores down here that don't have them and it's disturbing. They'd better have more than the usual at the new USF Publix.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

50 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

George Jenkins never envisioned a cashier putting you hot sub into the same bag and directly next to a cold gallon of milk.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

There's a cashier at my Publix who can put my hot sub anywhere she wants.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

That is a bummer. I understand the purists' sentiment about being against them but it's one of the few customer oriented things that they have to adapt to. I know there are some stores down here that don't have them and it's disturbing. They'd better have more than the usual at the new USF Publix.

I haven't run into a Publix here in Orlando/Kissimmee/St Cloud that have self-service checkouts. But then I also haven't hit one of them that wouldn't immediately open a new register if the lines get more than two-deep.

1 hour ago, George Jenkins said:

George Jenkins never envisioned a cashier putting you hot sub into the same bag and directly next to a cold gallon of milk.

Alas, you are correct.  It seems the customer service managers at most grocery stores these days are errantly assuming today's youth have the common sense not to do stuff like that.