• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This Bowl is a LOT Bigger than We Realize

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Hard to imagine that our fan base does not realize how huge it is for us to win this game.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

We will be playing a ranked opponent on national television, where we are the ONLY game slated in that time.

Yes 230 on Monday is not a great slot for a game but guess what its not great for attendance, for viewership its really not so bad considering the game will end around 6 o clock leading into primetime NFL monday night game. 

We will get to showcase to the entire nation our team in a way we havent gotten to in years. 

The storyline is great, Ex coach vs Ex team, Both teams are on the hottest streaks in college. 

Both teams play exciting football to watch.

According to Joey Knight we have already sold half our allotment for the bowl and still have 11 days to sell the rest.

WKU fans are reportedly gonna show up in big numbers seeing as this is the peak of their programs history.

This game could be a turning point to showcase ourselves to the entire country.

If we come out and beat them handedly like we were manhandling Temple,Cincy, the whole country will take notice! 

South Florida 44- 20  BOOK IT!!

LMAO!!!!  ROTFL!!!!  REALLY?  You really put that score down and is serious about it?  Definitely a homer because there is no way you get a 24 point win.  Here is a real prediction for you.

WKU 45 - USF 40!

• Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

LMAO!!!!  ROTFL!!!!  REALLY?  You really put that score down and is serious about it?  Definitely a homer because there is no way you get a 24 point win.  Here is a real prediction for you.

WKU 45 - USF 40!

Not saying that his prediction is going to happen, but we have been playing extremely well recently and if we keep that carrying over than we will easily win by 24. If that doesn't carry over than you guys will probably win by 10 or so. It all depends on how we carry out momentum over into the bowl game. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

WKU 45 - USF 40!

Speaking of homers, really? You can't seriously think WKU will score 45 on the BULLSHARK defense? Please...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Let's be serious - no one is watching this game except USF and WKU fans (and some betting junkies in Vegas). No one cares about USF and surely no one care about some country bumpkins in backwoods Kentucky. If I asked 10 random people in a gym right now if they knew who USF is playing in the bowl game (assuming they didn't confuse us for UCF), I'd be willing to bet that no one would know. If I asked those same 10 people anything about WKU football, they would be just as clueless. A 2:30 PM time slot on a Monday afternoon is equivalent to watching the Home Shopping Network at 1 AM on the weekend. No one cares... This bowl is only big because we are USF homers. Outside of the puppies and rainbow world we live in, people will be working. I'm flying that morning into Boston. I'll be wearing my USF jersey and my daughter will also be wearing something in green and gold. There's little doubt in my mind people won't know that we play two hours after we land that day. Welcome to the land of have nots.

Edited by CallMeCognitiveDissonance
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

As long as we score more than 17, we win.   

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

Speaking of homers, really? You can't seriously think WKU will score 45 on the BULLSHARK defense? Please...

OK I will help you all out with your research.  We were only held under 44 points three times all year, twice to two of the best defenses in the SEC, one of which we beat and one big 10 team who gave Ohio State all they could handle.  Your defense is good but not a top 50 defense!  We played two top 50 defenses on our way to a conference championship; Southern Miss ranked 40th in total defense and Marshall ranked 48th in total defense both of which we scored 45+ on.  Lastly, your looking at a Tyson Helton and Jeff Brohm offense vs Tom Allen defense!  No match!  Oh and here are you some graphics to go along with this good reading.  LOL

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Scores.jpg

• Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867

Yes 230 on Monday is not a great slot for a game...

Understatement of the year.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180

OK I will help you all out with your research.  We were only held under 44 points three times all year, twice to two of the best defenses in the SEC, one of which we beat and one big 10 team who gave Ohio State all they could handle.  Your defense is good but not a top 50 defense!  We played two top 50 defenses on our way to a conference championship; Southern Miss ranked 40th in total defense and Marshall ranked 48th in total defense both of which we scored 45+ on.  Lastly, your looking at a Tyson Helton and Jeff Brohm offense vs Tom Allen defense!  No match!  Oh and here are you some graphics to go along with this good reading.  LOL

If you are comparing our defense to Marshall's or Southern Miss, you have never seen them play. We have played Memphis who has a better passing attack than you guys, maybe not statistically but they are, and held them to 24 points, and that was when we were playing poorly.  We held fsu to 7 in the first half and Dalvin cook was just too good for us to stop, but you guys have a passing game and not a running game like they do. The teams that we have played poorly against are teams with strong running games, suck as navy and FSU, and we play well against teams with solid passing games.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Scores.jpg

Okay, stat guy.  You scored 14 on the #22 scoring defense and 20 against the #44 scoring defense.  USF is the #23 scoring defense.  Just to be fair though, Marshall is #14 and Southern Miss is #46.

• Upvote 1