• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This Bowl is a LOT Bigger than We Realize

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

You get what I am saying though.  Should be a great game and whoever wins it will not be a blow out.  Probably will go down to has the ball last unless you all run all over our defense.  Our run defense is suspect at best.  

And for those thinking this bowl is irrelevant, I felt the same way.  How the runner up in our conference get a better bowl in my opinion than us facing a PAC10 school?  Looking at your conference bowl tie ins you probably wish you were playing against an SEC or ACC team.  I think being 4th overall in your conference and playing a top 25 team is pretty good even if it is a team from the sticks.  LOL  My prediction is still WKU 44 - USF 40!!!!!!

I'm not saying it's going to be a blowout, but your point of 'running all over your defense because your defense is suspect at best' is kind of our point.  I don't know what happens in this game, but WKU doesn't score 44.  We run the ball effectively and that takes away time of possession.  It's what we do.  I think WKU will have to hold us to under 27 to win this one.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Thanks!  It was definitely fun for us.  Next year will be a different story.  No 6 year QB!  You all had a great season as well.  Believe it or not but we follow you all closely because of Willie.  Was excited when he turned the season around this year.  Personally I was hoping this match up didn't happen because of the ties with coach Taggart but I guess it makes for better TV on a Monday afternoon.

6 year QB is always a plus! I guess we both owe a lot to Taggart. Unfortunately I don't think he will be here much longer either... Maybe we can hire Brohm next year so you guys can really hate us!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Am I the only one that thinks of Brian Brohm every time I see WKUs coaches name? Think we beat WKU like we did the other Brohms Cardinals in '05 and '07. Bulls win by 2 TDs in this one.

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one that thinks of Brian Brohm every time I see WKUs coaches name? Think we beat WKU like we did the other Brohms Cardinals in '05 and '07. Bulls win by 2 TDs in this one.

I'm pretty sure Brian is Jeff Brohm's brother.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

OK I will help you all out with your research.  We were only held under 44 points three times all year, twice to two of the best defenses in the SEC, one of which we beat and one big 10 team who gave Ohio State all they could handle.  Your defense is good but not a top 50 defense!  We played two top 50 defenses on our way to a conference championship; Southern Miss ranked 40th in total defense and Marshall ranked 48th in total defense both of which we scored 45+ on.  Lastly, your looking at a Tyson Helton and Jeff Brohm offense vs Tom Allen defense!  No match!  Oh and here are you some graphics to go along with this good reading.  LOL

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Scores.jpg

Well, to counter this argument.....

We played against 2 teams with top 15 offenses. Memphis (13th) and Cincy (5th), and they only averaged 25 points against our defense.

WKU has the (9th) best offense in the country, so I'l respectfully predict WKU will score somewhere between 21-28 points. 

Either way, this will be a classic. 

My prediction:

USF 41-WKU 27 

Sources: 

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/teams/page/CINCY/cincinnati-bearcats

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/teams/page/MEMP/memphis-tigers

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/teams/page/WKY/western-kentucky-hilltoppers

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

http://campusinsiders.com/news/usf-vs-western-kentucky-prediction-miami-beach-bowl-preview-12-14-2015

Embedded video analyst predicts a WKU win.

The article itself predicts USF as the winner.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715

I love seeing the Bulls win. However, I feel that one of the most important reasons to win this game is to keep the trolls away. It has been wonderful to come on this board and not have to shift thru all the bs posts. The Fire Tags, SB for QB, fire QF as QB, it's the end of USF Football and what ever the negative flavor of the day was at the time. I don't understand why someone who supports the school and the team could be so negative. If you are unhappy that's ok. Nothing wrong with making a post about your worries. But to spend hours upon hours making negative post seems to me to be unhealthy . I support the team and school by going to the games and making donations. I wear USF gear and talk about how much fun it is to be a part of the USF experience. It's great talking to people about this year's football team and telling them how you were there when Selvie and Pierre-Paul were working their magic. How, watching Coach Allen makes you think of Coach Leavitt. Some might call me silly for caring about a school and what people are saying about it. I prefer to think of it as not being silly.....but being a Bull. :dankk2:

I love seeing the Bulls win. However, I feel that one of the most important reasons to win this game is to keep the trolls away. It has been wonderful to come on this board and not have to shift thru all the bs posts. The Fire Tags, SB for QB, fire QF as QB, it's the end of USF Football and what ever the negative flavor of the day was at the time. I don't understand why someone who supports the school and the team could be so negative. If you are unhappy that's ok. Nothing wrong with making a post about your worries. But to spend hours upon hours making negative post seems to me to be unhealthy . I support the team and school by going to the games and making donations. I wear USF gear and talk about how much fun it is to be a part of the USF experience. It's great talking to people about this year's football team and telling them how you were there when Selvie and Pierre-Paul were working their magic. How, watching Coach Allen makes you think of Coach Leavitt. Some might call me silly for caring about a school and what people are saying about it. I prefer to think of it as not being silly.....but being a Bull. :dankk2:

This is also a world I dream of.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

WKU will negatively effect QF's QBR.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

It's really nice to have our defense back.

• Upvote 1