• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Temple UCONN Game Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I couldn't be more thrilled USF is doing well. 

You on the other hand choose to derail a positive conversatiion with negative comments about posts I've made months ago. 

How about this:  You admit that I'm under your skin, that you're obsessed with me,and that I know more about sports than you.  Then and only then will I "retract" my statement (whatever that means.  Are we in a court of law?), eat crow, or whatever else will unhurt your feelings as long as you also promise to finally quit  the F whining about it.    

Till then please effort at enjoying your team and not being so sensitive.

GO BULLS!

You're adorable at inflating your affect here.  There's nothing negative about me reminding you of your earlier silly trolling posts.  You were gloating earlier this year, and now it's clear to every one here that you were woefully wrong.  It's ok to be wrong.  But when you taunt USF fans begging them to admit you were right...it would be appropriate to admit you were wrong.  But again, no one can make you, nor am I trying to.

But since you seem to have a hard time understanding logic, please troll on.  Maybe next time wait a bit before proclaiming the demise of OUR program.

It wasn't just a random post on a thread either.  He created a whole topic to ask for an apology.  

Yup.  I'd respect someone for starting a thread, then admitting he was wrong.  Many of us on here had serious doubts about Taggart & Flowers (among other things), but have come out & said they were wrong. It's not difficult for most to do...it happens in sports all the time.  Look at UCF.  Last year, many were calling for a move to P5, leaving USF in the dust, and and worst, pounding us each year.

In less than a year, that's imploded.  UCF struggled early, then just got abused at the end, capped with a nice loss to USF, 44-3.  Who knows what the new coach can do, but I'm guessing USF beats UCF next year, barring something as crazy as this year.  The big difference:  both teams bring back most of the same players (USF loses more talent to graduation, clearly, but likely had better talent coming up & transferring in).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

Yup.  I'd respect someone for starting a thread, then admitting he was wrong.  Many of us on here had serious doubts about Taggart & Flowers (among other things), but have come out & said they were wrong. It's not difficult for most to do...it happens in sports all the time.  Look at UCF.  Last year, many were calling for a move to P5, leaving USF in the dust, and and worst, pounding us each year.

In less than a year, that's imploded.  UCF struggled early, then just got abused at the end, capped with a nice loss to USF, 44-3.  Who knows what the new coach can do, but I'm guessing USF beats UCF next year, barring something as crazy as this year.  The big difference:  both teams bring back most of the same players (USF loses more talent to graduation, clearly, but likely had better talent coming up & transferring in).

To be clear about the Mookster, I don't think the thread was just about football. Wasn't it about the failure of our whole Athletic Department .... and honestly, even me replying with this is just feeding into why he did/does this stuff ..... his mildly pathetic need for attention.

Also, there have been some that maligned Taggart & Co. for 2 plus years that have manned up .... but there's also more than a few that haven't had the cojones to even admit that MAYBE they were wrong or given them any credit for the last 2/3 of our season .... and to be honest, these last 8 games don't mean crap if it all reverts back next year, but not least acknowledging the job done to finish this year is just chicken ****.

To be clear about the Mookster, I don't think the thread was just about football. Wasn't it about the failure of our whole Athletic Department .... and honestly, even me replying with this is just feeding into why he did/does this stuff ..... his mildly pathetic need for attention.

Also, there have been some that maligned Taggart & Co. for 2 plus years that have manned up .... but there's also more than a few that haven't had the cojones to even admit that MAYBE they were wrong or given them any credit for the last 2/3 of our season .... and to be honest, these last 8 games don't mean crap if it all reverts back next year, but not least acknowledging the job done to finish this year is just chicken ****.

Agree on all counts. After watching the MD game, painfully, it sure looked like CWT was lost. I'm not sure what flipped the switch, but a new team showed up the rest of the year.

Not sure CWT should get a big extension, but likely something, as some teams will take a chance on him early, before he pops.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

You're adorable at inflating your affect here.  There's nothing negative about me reminding you of your earlier silly trolling posts.  You were gloating earlier this year, and now it's clear to every one here that you were woefully wrong.  It's ok to be wrong.  But when you taunt USF fans begging them to admit you were right...it would be appropriate to admit you were wrong.  But again, no one can make you, nor am I trying to.

But since you seem to have a hard time understanding logic, please troll on.  Maybe next time wait a bit before proclaiming the demise of OUR program.

Thank you for speaking for everybody on this board. 

BTW, be definition you are in fact "trolling" me by derailing a positive comment I made and turning it into a negative.  That makes you just as bad as me. 

So, you bringing up a months old thread asking me to retract a statement/eat crow is different than my post that you question how?  Sorry, again, no difference there.  

So, not only are you overly sensitive but you're a hypocrite to boot. 

Actually, for your further edification, the  specific term I utilized was "demise".  See below:

demise

noun
2. death (Euphemistic) end, dying, passing, departure, expiration, decease Smoking was the cause of his early demise.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002

To further add context here:
USF athletics DID in fact go through a long period of "failure", "defeat", "collapse", "foundering", "breakdown", etc.

Never did I state that it was beyond repair.  At the time...before the collapse, defeat, failures, whatever you want to call them... certain individuals felt it was better for USF to maintain the status quo and that everything was hunky-dory.   I did advise those individuals that a COLLAPSE was coming which they poo-poo'd. That collapse did come and those indivduals still owe me an apology therefore I will never retract my statement.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I've got a great idea, beastie.  Why don't you hold your breath till "those individuals" apologize to you?  

It would probably be the most useful thing you've done in years.  

Thank you for speaking for everybody on this board. 

BTW, be definition you are in fact "trolling" me by derailing a positive comment I made and turning it into a negative.  That makes you just as bad as me. 

So, you bringing up a months old thread asking me to retract a statement/eat crow is different than my post that you question how?  Sorry, again, no difference there.  

So, not only are you overly sensitive but you're a hypocrite to boot. 

Please tell me you're NOT a USF grad.  I like to think we put out better product.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Please tell me you're NOT a USF grad.  I like to think we put out better product.

What does me calling you out on your hypocrisy and over-sensitivity have to do with where I graduated college?

• Downvote 1

I've got a great idea, beastie.  Why don't you hold your breath till "those individuals" apologize to you?  

It would probably be the most useful thing you've done in years.  

59332708.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1