• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Official TBP In Game Thread: Bulls vs. Tinmen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

That empty stadium is almost as sad as the ucf fan they showed with the beat somebody sign 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256

I could be biased, but South Florida rolls off the tongue better than Central Florida does. I think they both want to avoid the "directional" stigma, but at least you have USC to look to if your a bulls fan. Central teams sound like they should be playing Furman and LA Layfayette (and right now that's about UCF's level they should be playing)

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  118

Yeah, sorry. Turning into a great college player though- he could get in a camp, but he's gonna have to play a position other than QB

Man Nadelman is freaking NAILS tonight. 

Russell Wilson got punted from NC State because they wanted to give the job to Mike Glennon. He developed into a pretty **** good QB, and he's 5' 11". Drew Brees is 6' 0" stretched out. Granted he went to Purdue and obviously had a better pedigree...but Flowers has dealt with all kinds of tragedy in his life. He's finally finding out what consistent success tastes like, and I'm guessing he finds it suits him well. Given his speed and leadership, and let's face it - HE'S the primary reason this team's made a paradigm shift this year...IF he can improve his accuracy downfield?

I'm guessing he could very well be drafted, to play QB. 

As for USF/UCF nomenclature? I prefer South Florida. USF belongs to San Francisco, because Bill Russell says so.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Nice win. We dominated that game, as it should be. I wish we would have shut them out, but I'll take it.

Now let's hope uconn plays with some pride and takes Temple out.

• Content Count:  256

Russell Wilson got punted from NC State because they wanted to give the job to Mike Glennon. He developed into a pretty **** good QB, and he's 5' 11". Drew Brees is 6' 0" stretched out. Granted he went to Purdue and obviously had a better pedigree...but Flowers has dealt with all kinds of tragedy in his life. He's finally finding out what consistent success tastes like, and I'm guessing he finds it suits him well. Given his speed and leadership, and let's face it - HE'S the primary reason this team's made a paradigm shift this year...IF he can improve his accuracy downfield?

I'm guessing he could very well be drafted, to play QB. 

As for USF/UCF nomenclature? I prefer South Florida. USF belongs to San Francisco, because Bill Russell says so.

Those are very rare exceptions to the rule, and guys with better throwing arms than QF, and much better vision. I'm not knocking QF, but he's not Wilson or Brees- he's a completely different kind of player. Brees was a pure pocket guy and Wilson was/is mobile but still primarily a pocket QB (and you are dead on about NC ST giving him the boot so they could play their prized recruit Glennon- it's NEVER worked forcing a QB out in favor of him I'd say) 

Flowers is more the mobile QB who uses that mobility and threat to run to help him in the passing game. But make the guy drop back 30 times, stay in the pocket and go thru his progressions and he's in trouble. And again, NOT a knock on QF- he is who he is, and in college that can make for a very good QB, but it doesn't translate to the NFL. QB's with much better arms with the "mobile" playing style have still struggled in the pros (RG3 and Kap for example)

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Please step up UCONN!!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241

Flowers is a great college QB, but he isn't near playing QB in NFL.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Saw this on Facebook. 

Q: How many UCF Knights does it take to change a tire? 

A: One, unless it's a blowout, in which case they all show up. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Those are very rare exceptions to the rule, and guys with better throwing arms than QF, and much better vision. I'm not knocking QF, but he's not Wilson or Brees- he's a completely different kind of player. Brees was a pure pocket guy and Wilson was/is mobile but still primarily a pocket QB (and you are dead on about NC ST giving him the boot so they could play their prized recruit Glennon- it's NEVER worked forcing a QB out in favor of him I'd say) 

Flowers is more the mobile QB who uses that mobility and threat to run to help him in the passing game. But make the guy drop back 30 times, stay in the pocket and go thru his progressions and he's in trouble. And again, NOT a knock on QF- he is who he is, and in college that can make for a very good QB, but it doesn't translate to the NFL. QB's with much better arms with the "mobile" playing style have still struggled in the pros (RG3 and Kap for example)

Fortunately we don't need Flowers to be an NFL QB...we just need him to be the best college QB he can be, and help us win. This guy matures more daily, and has a knack for feeling pressure, and avoiding it.

• Upvote 3