• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Buried in an SI.com Article

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Holy ****. Are we really now debating who the authors of a SI.com article are so that we don't run the risk of praising CWT?

Thamel was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize. I think we can trust his sources.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Recruiting...man, that just can't be understated. That was CWT's biggest win, and hopefully this season will only amplify it.

Yep.  And that's why we're sitting at only 9 commits.  He was holding ships back and hoping we could turn the corner and show legimate progress to some bigger fish out there.  I can't wait to see the recruiting explode!

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

There is no denying that CWT certainly has shown us he can deliver this season. I think some may overstate how big the win over Temple was somewhat (they seem a tad over rated when you review this seasons results to be fair). I think it was a great win for USF and one we have needed for a while.

But before you get too excited about everything that this article points, just remember that short of him having a mentality of loyalty to USF like Coach Leavitt had-- odds are very high that he will at some point move on to the next bigger step. You can give the guy extensions or whatever-- that will not stop this process from happening. I would not blame him if he took a HC job at a P5 school with the right situation. I am also not worried about it happening either. I will simply do what fans should do and enjoy the improved football product we are getting to see.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

Holy ****. Are we really now debating who the authors of a SI.com article are so that we don't run the risk of praising CWT?

Thamel was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize. I think we can trust his sources.

Did he win?    :FIREdevil:

Edited by mark_my_words
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

There is no denying that CWT certainly has shown us he can deliver this season. I think some may overstate how big the win over Temple was somewhat (they seem a tad over rated when you review this seasons results to be fair). I think it was a great win for USF and one we have needed for a while.

But before you get too excited about everything that this article points, just remember that short of him having a mentality of loyalty to USF like Coach Leavitt had-- odds are very high that he will at some point move on to the next bigger step. You can give the guy extensions or whatever-- that will not stop this process from happening. I would not blame him if he took a HC job at a P5 school with the right situation. I am also not worried about it happening either. I will simply do what fans should do and enjoy the improved football product we are getting to see.

Good points, I definitely agree, especially with the last three sentences.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Did he win?    :FIREdevil:

He lost out to Joey Knight and his groundbreaking work on real vs. announced attendance.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

That,s the best read from Taggart that I have read . I wonder why JK and JJ can't get more detailed information from Tag ?  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I've seen a couple comments that Bresnehan was forced on Taggart. Believe it was by twitter and the V5 guys.

Forced by who?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

Forced by who?

It was my understand that it was the AD.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

We need to keep Allen for at least one more season...recruiting could be a record year after this season, some big names will come calling for Mr Allen

• Upvote 1