• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Years Day Bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Not to be a negative Nellie here-- but part of me is thinking we need to play in a lesser bowl this year-- and hopefully win it. If we get some huge bowl game-- I can see us have serious trouble selling tickets and bringing a crowd. Even if we run the table and win the conference etc-- do you really think all our old fans from the 2007 days are suddenly going to make room on their schedule to go to a high profile bowl game?

So based on that-- not getting a New Years game is not a terrible thing. The team has to continue to build up to that type of game-- both from an experience/talent level on the field as wellas the crowd support. Remember that we have to buy the full allotment of tickets-- the bigger the bowl game, the bigger the allotment typically-- and the costs/expenses tend to make getting the big game a loser versus going to St Pete being a money maker (not sure on that though).

Side note- I have to think UF is going to get thumped by Bama in the SECCG but will get the Outback Bowl, not the Peach.

If we don't win AAC then I am also fine with St Pete bowl.  Let's get 9 wins and ready to roll next year.  If we win AAC, we will have a shot at Peach bowl...but that's up to the committee.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

Not to be a negative Nellie here-- but part of me is thinking we need to play in a lesser bowl this year-- and hopefully win it. If we get some huge bowl game-- I can see us have serious trouble selling tickets and bringing a crowd. Even if we run the table and win the conference etc-- do you really think all our old fans from the 2007 days are suddenly going to make room on their schedule to go to a high profile bowl game?

So based on that-- not getting a New Years game is not a terrible thing. The team has to continue to build up to that type of game-- both from an experience/talent level on the field as wellas the crowd support. Remember that we have to buy the full allotment of tickets-- the bigger the bowl game, the bigger the allotment typically-- and the costs/expenses tend to make getting the big game a loser versus going to St Pete being a money maker (not sure on that though).

Side note- I have to think UF is going to get thumped by Bama in the SECCG but will get the Outback Bowl, not the Peach.

You should always strive for a Conference Championship, who knows when the next shot will be.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

I"m not saying winning any championship is not always the goal or would not be great-- just that not winning one this particular year would not be terrible either from the "is the Bull nation ready for this?" aspect. Probably not a big deal since we are at best a very long shot at winning it all anyway.

My post is an attempt to get people to not get upset if we don't accomplish something miraculous. This board tends to go crazy sometimes as expectations snowball out of control and fans make what most would consider progress into disappointment based on some pie in the sky thinking. Back in the 2007-2008 days, all people wanted to talk about was "what are we ranked?" or "which awesome bowl game are we going to?". Neither of these questions make a lot of sense right now-- especially the second one - since I cannot see how any bowl committee would come to one of our home games and not see that we are seriously lacking in fan support currently. As much as this forum makes fun of the casual fans or the bandwagon nature of Tampa sports -- without those bodies, we simply don't have the alumni base that other big programs do. We're too new to the sport and too young of a school comparatively.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

They are no daisy! No daisy at all!! Doc Holiday owns Holtz in CUSA title game

Pretty sure La Tech's RB, Kenneth Dixion, recently the College Football Player of The Week is going to run roughshod over Marshall.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25367612/college-football-player-of-the-week-louisiana-tech-rb-kenneth-dixon

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

If we win tonight and Memphis does tomorrow, we are going to have one awesome week between our game and scoreboard watching of these teams. 

That alone excites me.  Good enough to get excited about other college games. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If we win tonight and Memphis does tomorrow, we are going to have one awesome week between our game and scoreboard watching of these teams. 

That alone excites me.  Good enough to get excited about other college games. 

Just like the old days...watching the scores of other games because they have meaning for USF. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,745
  • Days Won:  3

an attempt to get people to not get upset if we don't accomplish something miraculous.

Is this your first day here? Are you new? 

That's one of the cornerstones of this board. If - just sayin' if - we lose to Cinci, swing by tomorrow and see how she reads. 

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

That's one of the cornerstones of this board. If - just sayin' if - we lose to Cinci, swing by tomorrow and see how she reads. 

My guess is that they'll be at least one thread telling CWT to walk home ...

• Upvote 1

automotivator_remain-calm-1380645949.jpg

I guess that makes me this guy now....

114996-john-belushi-bluto-pirate-gif-vqi