• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Email to Harlan and Co. Regarding Temple Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

If you are a vet/active/reserve, your whole family is welcome.  See Jennifer Stout upon arrival, she will issue your food tickets and enjoy man.

No cost to the military and family....

Thanks for the info.!!!!

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

24 hours before game time announce  a giveway all unsold seats

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

24 hours before game time announce  a giveway all unsold seats

If you did that, no one would ever buy tickets

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

can they get tickets at the ticket window?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Not that I am aware of.  If you have someone in mind, just send them over, or bring them over, as long as they are a veteran/active/reserve.  I will be there 90% of the time, so you can come find me or ask for Jennifer Stout or Dr. Larry Braue.

As soon as this season is over, the goal will be to raise money for:

1. 40 x 40 Tent awning, custom made, to have all branches and USF Student Veterans Svcs on it.

2. 150 Chairs and enough table to accommodate those 150 chairs

3. 2 Flat Screen TV's with stands

4. Generator to power TV's

This will allow us to then just raise money for food for each game.  

I wanted to post something on Facebook as advertisement.

Maybe you could and then others could share it. Or maybe BullyPulpit's idea, something like just show up at the ticket window with your military ID and get a ticket.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Can you PM me your email?  We would need to filter that through USF, but doable.  I just want to make sure they approve the verbage 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Here is the response I received:

Brian,

I’m happy to share, due to the generosity of our season ticket holders, USF Athletics provided the Student Veterans with their free tickets for this weekend’s game and we are offering active duty and veterans complimentary tickets through several other military organizations, at this point we’ve already committed to over 2,000 free tickets for active duty and veterans.  

Here is an excerpt from Mr. Harlan’s newsletter to fans.

Military Appreciation Game vs. Temple

After you get your basketball fix on Nov. 13, join us at Ray Jay on Saturday, Nov. 14 to watch the Bulls take on Temple. The game time will be announced shortly, but fans can already start participating in a special program for this military appreciation game.

This is our third year conducting the Seats For Soldiers program, which provides donated tickets to active and retired members of the Armed Forces. Tickets will be distributed to organizations that include MacDill Air Force Base, the Wounded Warrior Project, Veteran Tickets Foundation and the USF Student Veterans Association. 

If you're interested in donating tickets to the cause, please contact John Lewis at 813-974-7492 or by email at JohnL@usf.edu.

Also, you bring up an very important point, “proper identification”. We have learned that retired veterans are not issued an official identification, like a driver’s license, and as such it is difficult to ask them to provide documentation. So, to alleviate that, we work with military support organizations who distribute the tickets to the proper people. If you know of a way to officially identify veterans that we are not aware of, I’d love to learn how. I tried your office number but it took me directly to voicemail. Please let me know if there is another number with which I can reach you.

Thanks again for your support! I’m so excited for Saturday. Let’s GO BULLS!!

Respectfully,

Andrew

Next question is how to get that information out to anyone that may be interested?

Skingraft has already inquired to USF on the proper verbiage for laymen such as myself, I'm not a vet or alumnus, just want to help. I would post it on some of the Facebook pages. It's way to often that the general public has no idea of what's going on.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Its a great idea.  The Rays did this the second half of the season, and I know my dad (a vietnam vet) took full advantage of it.  Its good outreach, and a way to add more butts in seats.  The more casual fans you get in there to hopefully experience a game, the more who may be apt to come back (this year or next) as a paying customer.