• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Email to Harlan and Co. Regarding Temple Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I am probably too late in my efforts to get any traction with this idea, but the following is the email I send to Harlan, Taggart (the lady who gets his emails) John Lewis (Sr. Ticket Representative), the Office of Veteran Services, and Adam Schemm (Asst. Director of Athletics/Marketing), concerning my idea that they give away a free ticket plus a companion ticket for Saturday's game to all veterans and current active duty soldiers, on a first come-first served basis to walk-ups for Saturday's game versus Temple. If you support the idea, I encourage you to reach out to the powers-that-be as well. Their email addresses are as follows: markharlan@usf.edu; juliareed@usf.edu; schemm@usf.edu; johnl@usf.edu; vetserve@usf.edu

"Dear Members of the USF Community,

First let me say how excited I am for the progress that our football program is showing this season. For the first time since 2011, I can sense an air of excitement around the program. I also want to applaud USF for recognizing our servicemen and women with the Salute to Service game this Saturday versus Temple. This game presents a unique opportunity to bring together the Tampa community to support the military and our football program.

To that end, I would like to suggest that USF consider offering active duty and veterans the opportunity to attend Saturday night’s game with a complimentary ticket for current and former military and a guest with proper identification. The tickets could be available at the Raymond James box office for walk-ups the day of the game on a first come, first served basis.  I think this promotion would be well received by the community and would lead to a much needed spike in attendance for arguably the biggest conference game for USF in the past seven seasons. The Office of Veteran Services is already offering free tickets to student veterans and their families, and it would be great to extend that generosity out to the entire Tampa Bay community. I myself am not a veteran, but I do appreciate all that they do and will be taking a veteran co-worker with me to Saturday’s game.

I hope you seriously consider this idea and  Go Bulls!" 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  0

Great idea, but might be little late. I will send out the email as well.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

We are already giving away tickets to active and vetetans. ....

If you have someone in mind, have them reach me or bring ID to the veterans only tailgate by the Bulls Club tent....

There will be food, give aways, and entertainment....

BYOB as it is an USF official event

Edited by Skingraft

I just think it would make sense to more widely publicize it.  I saw that veteran students get free tickets,  but it didn't say anything about the community at large. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

great email.

I just think it would make sense to more widely publicize it.  I saw that veteran students get free tickets,  but it didn't say anything about the community at large. 

They did, but in order to support a Tampa wide push, more people need to step up and donate.  Those events are far from free.

My point is there is no real cost associated with a game day ticket giveaway.  Because it is exclusive to vets/actives it doesn't degrade the value of tickets and could help to fill up the stadium.  Get Taggart on the local media with someone from MacDill to get the word out. It wouldn't be that hard.  Could lead to an extra 2,000 in attendance. 

I understand your point, it's amazingly appreciated, and if you would like to help us plan for 2016, please come by Saturday and we can chat it up and plan for next year for sure.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Skin, what are the details on the Vet. Only tailgate?  Is there a cost & is my spouse included?

If you are a vet/active/reserve, your whole family is welcome.  See Jennifer Stout upon arrival, she will issue your food tickets and enjoy man.

No cost to the military and family....

Edited by Skingraft
  • Upvote 4