• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

prospective bowl game attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,019
  • Days Won:  38

better than NFL...that's what...

I actually do watch way more AAC games than NFL now incl. Non USF games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I actually do watch way more AAC games than NFL now incl. Non USF games.

I really enjoy watching the AAC games...watching Temple vs SMU right now. I like learning about the teams we play against. 

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I really enjoy watching the AAC games...watching Temple vs SMU right now. I like learning about the teams we play against. 

I honestly enjoy watching AAC non-USF games more than Big East games...this conference is exciting to watch with the style of play and these quarterbacks.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

This is a mentality I don't get.

The ONLY team I go to Raymond James to see is USF.  I could care less if they play Bob's College, I will be there.  Why do some people feel the OTHER team is the deciding factor?

Unless they are fans of the visitors, and there will be some for every team... people should be excited for the chance to watch the Bulls.

For me, any of the Florida Bowls would be outstanding because it's a chance to see the Bulls play one more game before waiting until 2016.

I agree 1,000%, but the average student/casual USF fan will only go to games that they perceive are big games or games against big name opponents. USF v. SMU is not exciting and the casual student/ fan will stay home and watch the UF game or the FSU game instead. The perception is that those games matter on a larger scale and ours don't.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Alright guys. i'm a bit bored and wanted to see what y'all think about USF's bowl following should we (big if) make a bowl game. There is currently only one bowl game that USF could go to that the American has against a power 5 team (Birmingham pits the first or second place AAC team against a likely 6-6 SEC club) in the years that Navy is eligible (Navy goes to armed forces bowl against ACC).  Assuming that we are eligible, the St. Pete bowl has second pick after Birmingham and places the second or third place AAC team against the second best C-USA school (likely going to be either Marhsall, LA tech, or Southern Miss this year). If we go to St. Pete against let's say LA tech, how many fans do we bring? I know when we played in St. Pete last time many people did not show up because of the opponent (Memphis). Would we bring 1,000-2,000 fans to see the Bulls battle a LA tech? Are crappy bowl match ups with little attendance bad publicity for the AAC? Just curious as to board member thoughts...I know all of you would go, but would this peak the interest of the non-hardcore fan?

Several errors in your post. Birmingham and St Pete do not necessarily have the 2nd and 3rd picks. The top 5 AAC bowls are in a bowl pool. Secondly, Navy has a one year deal to play in the Military bowl not Armed Forces bowl. Third that deal ends after this year and next year any AAC team can play in Military Bowl. That was part of their entrance agreement into AAC. Next year they will play in Armed Forces bowl on a one year deal. Those were previous bowl contracts Navy had when joining AAC and Aac is honoring them. After that, Navy goes into bowl pool with everyone else. And one last thing the Miami bowl can select a power 5 opponent if an extra one is available. 

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

better than NFL...that's what...

That might be the dumbest comment even posted on this site. That my friend is an accomplishment. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

That might be the dumbest comment even posted on this site. That my friend is an accomplishment. 

Nah, I am pretty sure you have me beat by about 20 to 30 more posts

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Don't think the St. Pete Bowl would be in play unless maybe we win out. St Pete is AAC #2 bowl. You figure Memphis, Temple and UH will take Birmingham and St Pete.

USF is looking more like Cure or Boca Raton Bowl. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Don't think the St. Pete Bowl would be in play unless maybe we win out. St Pete is AAC #2 bowl. You figure Memphis, Temple and UH will take Birmingham and St Pete.

USF is looking more like Cure or Boca Raton Bowl. 

Once again, the AAC does not do a bowl order.  Read the AAC website.  The top 5 AAC bowls are a bowl pool, which must be filled prior to the other bowls.  The 5 bowls which must be filled first are:

St Pete

Miami

Military

Birmingham

Armed Forces/Hawaii

Also, there's a good chance the AAC will face BYU in Hawaii.  BYU will either go to Hawaii or Las Vegas this year.  Also, the Miami Beach Bowl has a clause that allows them to select a "P5" team, if there is an extra one available.

Next year is the year we want to be in St Pete as there is an ACC opponent there every even year (odd years are CUSA).