• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

prospective bowl game attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Alright guys. i'm a bit bored and wanted to see what y'all think about USF's bowl following should we (big if) make a bowl game. There is currently only one bowl game that USF could go to that the American has against a power 5 team (Birmingham pits the first or second place AAC team against a likely 6-6 SEC club) in the years that Navy is eligible (Navy goes to armed forces bowl against ACC).  Assuming that we are eligible, the St. Pete bowl has second pick after Birmingham and places the second or third place AAC team against the second best C-USA school (likely going to be either Marhsall, LA tech, or Southern Miss this year). If we go to St. Pete against let's say LA tech, how many fans do we bring? I know when we played in St. Pete last time many people did not show up because of the opponent (Memphis). Would we bring 1,000-2,000 fans to see the Bulls battle a LA tech? Are crappy bowl match ups with little attendance bad publicity for the AAC? Just curious as to board member thoughts...I know all of you would go, but would this peak the interest of the non-hardcore fan?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

I don't ever get excited about USF's attendance possibilities, but if we were to play La Tech I would like to think we could get at least an extra 10,000 USF fans out of pure hatred.So that would make our total fan attendance about 10,500.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Capacity of the Trop is around 40k I think. I'd guess attendance would be around 15-18k.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I'd be at any bowl in Florida.  Wife has family in Miami so she's pulling for that bowl.  

First things first...sweet baby Jesus let's beat the Pirates!

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

There would be soooo many boo's if Skippy made his way back into town.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Way too early.

However, the idea that many Bulls fans did not show up is wrong. There were 20,000+ at the bowl when we went (25,205 announced). How many people were Memphis fans or general interest in watching a football game on a baseball field? I venture that the vast majority of those were Bulls fans. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Any bowl, anywhere, against anybody. My wife and I will be there.

Some act like we're better than certain bowls and then want to whine about the lack of respect, how crappy the conference is, and all the other BS that's posted on TBP everyday.

IMO, if your not going to support the team, STFU! 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I think a St Pete game with an improved USF team will draw local casual fans especially if the bucs continue to be lack luster. Time will tell. If we can get some buzz going these last few games it could carry over. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,450
  • Days Won:  13

I think a St Pete game with an improved USF team will draw local casual fans especially if the bucs continue to be lack luster. Time will tell. If we can get some buzz going these last few games it could carry over.

The St. Pete bowl will not compete with The NFL