• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Best Football Conference No One Is Talking About

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I just wish we were one the teams causing headlines for the AAC, instead, we are playing spoiler for somebody.  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

USF may be playing at Houston on 12/5 for the 1st ever true AAC title. Don't think we can count the 1st few years since there was no AAC title game. Houston will be a fun place for us USF fans to watch a game

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Jay Saunders says the AAC is a pig with lipstick.... I responded to his article and he emailed me back.

https://www.football.com/en-us/aac-commisioner-putting-lipstick-on-a-pig/

On Sunday, October 25, 2015, Sell <sellular1> wrote:

Just now reading your article about the AAC.  Looks like the pig lost weight and shaved her facial hair.  Thoughts?

Thx

Sell1

-----Original Message-----

To: Sell <sellular1>

Sent: Sun, Oct 25, 2015 10:27 pm

Subject: Re: AAC Commisioner Putting Lipstick on a Pig

I think the pig would only get taken home by a desperate guy at last call.

Impressive seasons by three teams, but Memphis just gave up 42 to a very below average team and they are supposedly the cream of the crop. 

No way any of those teams is undefeated in a p5.

--jay

On Oct 25, 2015 9:41 PM, "Sell" <

sellular1

> wrote:

Jay,
Really appreciate the unexpected reply, and I agree with you that those 3 wouldn't be undefeated in any of the P5 conferences but they could hold their own against a lot of those teams.

I just hope the AAC can get some respect.  I know the big guys won't share their money with us but I hope they will count our games towards P5 scheduling moving forward.  Some of the P5 conf's have already said OK to the Independents, Military schools, UConn, and Cincy.  If they would just add the rest of the AAC it would allow us to continue scheduling great competition.  As soon as the P5 shuts us out, the fans go away and we never have a shot to play for a title because the SoS is so weak. 

Thx,
Sell1

-----Original Message-----

To: Sell <sellular1>

Sent: Mon, Oct 26, 2015 8:11 am

Subject: Re: AAC Commisioner Putting Lipstick on a Pig

You're right about the respect factor... I just think there's a ways to go before the AAC can start blowing its horn as anything other than a "secondary tier" conference.
It is a whole lot of fun to watch though!
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

If Memphis beats Houston and Temple (especially if they beat ND), and wins the conference championship, there is no way they should be left out of the college football playoff, especially if Ole Miss wins out. They would have as impressive a resume as the winner of the Big Ten and Big 12. 

survey_says2.jpg

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

I hate the "they wouldn't go undefeated in this conference." argument. It's such a BS statement that you used to use with the Big East. Some P5 schools would not go undefeated in this conference either. When Alabama plays Vandy or Kentucky nobody believes they will lose, and they count it as a sure win. Yet somehow Vandy and Kentucky get a pass just because they play in the SEC. Do they assume that in a different conference Vandy and KY would automatically dominate?  I just hate when they throw out the W-L record and say it was a fluke. Like when the Big East had the second best BCS record but somehow couldn't hang with everybody else. I guess I just grew up with the only numbers that matter is the W-L.

No this not a rant on how the AAC is the best conference ever, it's a rant on being tired of all the media bias. (looking at you SEC)

rant over

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I hate the "they wouldn't go undefeated in this conference." argument. It's such a BS statement that you used to use with the Big East. Some P5 schools would not go undefeated in this conference either. When Alabama plays Vandy or Kentucky nobody believes they will lose, and they count it as a sure win. Yet somehow Vandy and Kentucky get a pass just because they play in the SEC. Do they assume that in a different conference Vandy and KY would automatically dominate?  I just hate when they throw out the W-L record and say it was a fluke. Like when the Big East had the second best BCS record but somehow couldn't hang with everybody else. I guess I just grew up with the only numbers that matter is the W-L.

No this not a rant on how the AAC is the best conference ever, it's a rant on being tired of all the media bias. (looking at you SEC)

rant over

You are absolutely right. Other than Michigan State and Michigan, who is Ohio State going to have to beat that would be favored on a neutral field over Memphis? Other than Oklahoma and TCU, who in the Big 12 is a threat if you are Baylor? Look at Baylor's resume. Who have they beaten at this point in the season? Their SOS is something between 100 and 110 while Memphis's is around 70, which is also the same at Ohio State at this point. 

The real travesty will be if a one loss AAC champion gets left out of the New Year's Day Bowls because Toledo was able to go undefeated with their 118th ranked schedule, beating no one anywhere near the Top 30. Their best win is against Arkansas, and that win will continue to lose its luster as Arky continues to lose games.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Here's the list of P5 teams that are undefeated:

Clemson, LSU, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, Ohio State, Michigan State, Iowa.

A lot of those teams will play each other, so, yes, it is unlikely that Memphis, Temple, or Houston would go undefeated in a P5 conference, just like it is for any team.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

What happens if an undefeated AAC team doesn't make the playoffs and there's no undefeated team left in the P5 after the playoffs? Or in the playoffs?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

What happens if an undefeated AAC team doesn't make the playoffs and there's no undefeated team left in the P5 after the playoffs? Or in the playoffs?

The general train of thought is that it would take a few P5 conference champs with 2 losses for an undefeated AAC champ to even get a sniff.